bearing gave

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinestars199

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So after 2.5 gallons the bearings on my 4.6 finally gave out how often should they be replaced? Obvi
ously they shouldn't bust apart

Which bearings? I had 2 differential output bearings fail on me just after the first gallon.

I had a muffler bearing go out once!! LOL just kiddin!

If they keep going u need to make sure it's shimmed properly. It shouldnt move much at all backwards and forwards. Eg around 0.1mm, should have a touch of play

It will happen, those bearings can spin upwards of 30,000 rpm's, eventually one will give out.

yeh i had half a dozen go each set after around a tank of fuel. then i realized there use to be a shim there so replaced it and havent stuffed any for a few months.

was that a high performance muffler bearing

I’ve tried standard metal shielded, rubber shielded; no shield, ceramic and phenolic muffler bearings and they all seem the last a long time for some odd reason.

Mufflerbearing1.gif

I’ve tried standard metal shielded, rubber shielded; no shield, ceramic and phenolic muffler bearings and they all seem the last a long time for some odd reason.

Mufflerbearing1.gif

Picture officially stolen.

My muffler bearings were hanging on my skyhook with my metric screwdriver, has anyone seen them? LOL

Last time i looked they were over by the floor sweep sifter next to a set of kanuter valves.

Back