Bearin Manufacturers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
To kind of coat tail Eddy's thread (but I did not wish to outright jack it) are there certain bearing brands or manufacturers or even attributes that make one brands bearings better than an other's brand?

I see some that have rubber shields, others that have metal shields and the like and frankly, I'm not sure what is considered "better" from a durability standpoint.

I guess you could say I'm "bearing-tarded"!

Well, metal shielded rolls better and some consider them more durable. Rubber shielded bearings have more resistance, but much less likely to get packed up by dirt. I'm waiting on a shipment of bearings from http://www.avidrc.com

According to a racer I know, they're the best he's ever tried. And they're only 1$ a piece.

Neo is correct.
Rubber shielded bearings will stay clean inside and wont loose their grease. You can look at them like a maintenance free battery. On the other hand they have more rolling resistance then a metal shielded bearing.

Metal shielded bearings offer much better performance then a rubber shielded unit but require regular maintenance such as cleaning and oiling after each use. If you don’t maintain them they will go out quickly.

If you’re racing on road and service your RC after each race the metal shields are what you want. If you don’t think that the performance gain is worth the time to service them then go with rubber.

Off road IMO you should go with rubber wherever there is exposure to dirt such as the wheel bearings. In the diffs and or transmissions, go with rubber if they are exposed and with metal if they are internal.

Back