Bead-Loc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Other than looks, what are they for or can someone send me a link that explains what they are good for?

Other than looks, what are they for or can someone send me a link that explains what they are good for?

On 1:1 trucks and RC crawlers alike they are designed to secure the bead of the tire so that it can not spin on the wheel. There is so much traction with the compound of the tires and the low pressures (or lack of foam in RC) that the extreme torque and/or extreme steering angles would rip a tire right off the rim. I have seperated a bead by airing down to 8 psi tooling around in the desert. Take too tight a turn at those pressures and you WILL loose a tire...

Last edited:
And with RC, you get to keep using the rim, when you wear out your tires. Just unbolt, and put the new ones on.

One 1:1 trucks and RC crawlers alike they are designed to secure the bead of the tire so that it can not spin on the wheel. There is so much traction with the compound of the tires and the low pressures (or lack of foam in RC) that the extreme torque and/or extreme steering angles would rip a tire right off the rim. I have seperated a bead by airing down to 8 psi tooling around in the desert. Take too tight a turn at those pressures and you WILL loose a tire...

So it's kind of like the glue part of your tire as well? Sorry to ask a dumb question but I thought they looked nice but didn't understand the reason behind it with out the bling factor.

So it's kind of like the glue part of your tire as well? Sorry to ask a dumb question but I thought they looked nice but didn't understand the reason behind it with out the bling factor.

Look at it like this: Instead of gluing your tires to your rims you bolt 'em on. Not only does the bead get sandwiched between the rim and plate but the screws actually snug into the bead. Like alpinehyperlite said, you can easily replace tires as well. Sure, just gluing your tires is cheaper short term, but you may have to toss the whole thing when you wear the tires out. Ask Charlie or the other crawler guys if they suggest running bead-locks. I bet most if not all do...

I run them on my crawler, as most (99%) of crawler guys do. I also just ordered a set from Charles for my slash, gona run some proline tires on it with the beadlocks, and chip i know run's a brushless slash with beadlocks, and hasn't thrown a bead yet, and he is pushing 60mph runs.

A true beadlock will hold better than any glue on the market my Slash will swell a 2.2 Proline Dirt works tire up to about 8 inches around and never sling a bead off.

A true beadlock will hold better than any glue on the market my Slash will swell a 2.2 Proline Dirt works tire up to about 8 inches around and never sling a bead off.

That is seriously sick my man! I can't wait till after the first of the year to trick out my Slash.

Back