South Carolina Beach RC 2024 Spring break trip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I know its just Christmas time but I got my head thinking ahead of time. Going back down for spring break, which is last week in March.
Only going to be me this time, uncle can't go sadly.
I don't remember if I posted about going down this year but Ill post some of it here.
Went down back in August. Me and my uncle, and one other race buddy. Racing was super fun. First time actually racing on a hard packed clay surface and actually prepping tires. Here is that video:

Now next year, its in the spring so hopefully no big races are happening that week so its free practice / club racing. We only did 1 day in the past but looking to do 2 days there next year. Going to try to bring all of the cars (if I have slicks for the rustler by then) Should be fun as always. Might drag my cousin down as she is going down with me so I can teach her how to drive and marshall.

Thet let that person run that sct with that flag off the back. Glad he DNF

Thet let that person run that sct with that flag off the back. Glad he DNF
It's normal fun club racing, who cares, lol
The race director makes and tries to make it all fun.Mod sct was just crazy. Mostly slash 2wd and 4wd, one rustler,and my friend had that losi desert buggy thing.
The slash with the Carolina flag, idk what is going on, I think his rear shocks went out. And on one car his transponder was hanging out of the car.

Last edited:
umm, my bro has a 4x4 'Pede and a vendetta, but he just doesn't want to race. he's scared his big bro will crush lol
You know what would be fun?

Find a place that races 1/8 onroad . And see if they will let you race the vendetta.

i would love the heck out of that, but no tracks in my area.
You gotta make one
see how many others around your area are into RC, I'm pretty sure those people would appreciate a track or something

You gotta make one
see how many others around your area are into RC, I'm pretty sure those people would appreciate a track or something
you know, i live pretty close to Loretta Lynn's ranch. they have some kind of dirt bike track there. i might take some RCs there sometime. if i dont get kicked out, i might find some dudes to race.

Getting closer, can't wait. Looks like Ill be racing on the palmetto classic race layout as that race is in early March.
Bringing the Buggy, Slash. Might bring all 4, or 5 if I have another one by then. Not really sure.

Trip is getting closer! Hopefully I can still go.

Just verified. This current Palmetto Classic layout will be still there when I go. Track rebuild for the ROAR (i think) race is gonna be shortly after in early next month.

What will I be racing?

4wd 13.5 Buggy - B74.1
Mod SCT - With Slash and/or rustler (if they have people for that class)

B74 will have freshly new rebuild diffs and shocks and a slight rebuild on the whole car. New front bumper, wing mount and wing buttons, and Ill cut out a new wing because I like to go through wings alot. Probably of all my crashes 🤣

Slash - Might go lower in the shock oil. Last time I see it bounce around alot. Less wt oil will dampen more of that. I might get RPM or Traxxas rear hubs depending on what they have in stock.

Rustler - have a pair of slicks on the way so I have a set.

Mini B - Gonna fix it up this weekend with new aluminum rear pivots, and a freshly rebuilt transmission. Maybe a new wing too. Just gonna practice with this car for a couple battery packs.

Gonna get some new charge leads for my charger. XT60 - 5mm/4mm step pin leads. And 2s balance plug. Gonna be more durable then the setup I use now. Also gonna get a esc fan and maybe some more tire sauce at the shop.

Phew. That took a lot of work to get everything packed up.
PXL_20240323_224730656.jpg

Last edited:
Back