Basher Project Begins!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarks104

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay ever since my neighbor ran one of my stock Tmaxxs into the mailbox. It has given me the justification to go crazy on it now!

I will be working on my Tmaxx 3.3. Here is a list of parts i will be ordering! Please let me know if you think another part will be better or a suggestion!! My goal is to make it bullet proof. I will be focusing on strengthening it so i will be leaving the electronics alone!

Everyone knows the main points of weakness of any Tmaxx is the A-Arms and Bulk Heads! So i have decided to order RPM's for these. I have had great luck with them in the past on the other maxx's
80465.jpg

And the bulk heads
81065.jpg

and of course the rears also with the braces.

Now for the undercariage. I have chosen again the RPM's
Skidplts.jpg

For the Chassis braces i went aluminum. I have chosen Integy.
T3027SILVER.jpg

And for the shocks i have chosen the Integy Piggyback Shock. Mostly because it wasn't over $150 bucks lol
T3845SILVER1.gif

Let me know what else you think i should add. I will also be adding new shock towers and mounts.

Thanks!

Ditch the last two, or at least research them more. The only thing worse than Integy's products is their "warranty", look at the Traxxas Big Bores.

A set of big bores is a much better choice and I'm sure they are around 60 bucks. Also those chassis braces are no good either , very soft in fact the stock ones are stronger .I got a set from rcdamper and have not treated that truck kindly and they are still.looking like new

Thanks for the feedback. I have never owned any integy parts before. Just looked kinda cool! But okay. I have knicked the integy shocks and braces. Going with the big bores and for the braces. What do you guys recommend? Anything different out there?

I had a set of Integy piggy backs, They were junk. Not only did they not dampen like they were supposed to but the shock shafts bent way too easy. Save them for a shelf queen/ show truck, that's all they are good for. If you get the big bore shocks, look into some dual rate springs like RcRaven for example. The red springs that come with the big bores are way too mushy.

rcdamper make a decent set and the price is great too

Hey (Nitro4910) thanks for the link man! Appreciate it! I just might go with all those! I love the aluminum look! I have RPM's on my other truck..mind as well mix it up! Oh and i have an update. I went to my LHS and bought some good stuff tonight! Got a new Spectrum Steering servo and some suspension rods. Didn't know those blew out too. They didn't have any RPM stuff in stock! very frustrating! So good thing i didn't buy anything else! I like the Ebay prices more! But i do have bad news! I got all the way home. Cleared my bench. Got all the parts out and guess what?! I left my tool set at my buds house! So now its all just sitting there! I was all excited to tear her apart and get to working but no can do!

Funny how everyone says the Integy chassis braces are junk but I have a set on my old #4910 truck and I beat the snot out of it and they have held strong. There shocks are crap though. They do have a new product line of shocks but I haven't heard much about them good or bad.

The problem I have with integy is it's always a crap shoot as to whether or not what you get is butter soft junk or has decent strength.
I have seen some integy parts that stood up very well, and then some identical parts bought for the second truck that were butter soft & didn't last one bash session.
They are just not worth chancing my money on, if you get integy parts that end do holding well, you have gotten lucky.
It's a buyer beware world out there!:D

I have seen some integy parts that stood up very well, and then some identical parts bought for the second truck that were butter soft & didn't last one bash session.
Did you contact Integy and try to get it replaced under their warranty? :hehe:

I thought once removed from the package you voided Integy's warranty LOL! But yes most of what they make is crap. I was completely surprised my chassis braces didn't bend first time out. Guess I just got lucky.

Nope, I know better then to buy their buttery soft parts, one the guys that I run with didn't believe me when I warned him away from integy, he got lucky with the first batch he bought, and got butter aluminum in the second batch he bought.

I should have taken a pic of the look on his face when he found out about the warranty!
He bent the tower tabs on the aluminum bulks, with the stock plastic towers no less!:hehe:

Nope, I know better then to buy their buttery soft parts, one the guys that I run with didn't believe me when I warned him away from integy, he got lucky with the first batch he bought, and got butter aluminum in the second batch he bought.

I should have taken a pic of the look on his face when he found out about the warranty!
He bent the tower tabs on the aluminum bulks, with the stock plastic towers no less!:hehe:
Yah I tried there bulks a long time back and they were crap. Cardboard painted with pretty paint LOL! I had these chassis braces laying around forever and I broke my plastic ones when I bent my RCraven chassis. So I put them on just to see how long they would last I am very surprised they have held up.

It's too bad they don't care about quality control, they make some great looking parts and the ano looks killer.
Even if they had to up the price by 15% to make stronger lasting parts it wouldn't be to bad, but the hit or miss quality or lack of just isn't worth the chance.
It really does seem to be luck of the draw as to whether the part you get holds up.

RPM, FLM, UE, GA, ACNCM, HCR, Hot Racing, Buku, M2C, what parts are you looking for?