Bashed a little today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipluther01

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I broke out the maxx today and had a little fun. I'm still having some problems with it over heating. If I turn the HSN back out it runs like crap and wont even hit 2nd gear. Also it still overheats. With it set to where it needs to be and the truck just screaming its getting between 300 and 318. This is way over where HPI recommends running there engine at. I can't even get it tuned to run that low a temp. If I did it would have so much nitro in it it would barely run. So what really gives? I dont get it. I'm using 2 different temp monitors. One is the PE1, and I'm also using the telemetry on my radio. There is a diffrence in the 2. About 10 degrees. The Telemetry is the one that reads hotter. It just seems like it really wants to run hotter then what is recommended. But sometimes it bogs when its hot. When it shifts to 2nd gear it bogs, but not everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions? ALso here is a couple pics of what the result of a power slide on wet pavement and a curb. :hehe:

HPIM1239.jpg

HPIM1240.jpg

it seems like you had very good day...
maybe you are using wrong nitro?
once I changed to different nitro (from model technics to Tornado) and my 2.5 runned way hotter then on older fuel.

it seems like you had very good day...
maybe you are using wrong nitro?
once I changed to different nitro (from model technics to Tornado) and my 2.5 runned way hotter then on older fuel.

I'm running Byrons 20% nitro and 16% lubrication. Its the racing fuel, but not the "actual" racing fuel that my LHS has. They have a Byrons that is like 25% nitro and 11% lubrication.

I think I also ripped the rear end out. It doesn't wanna go as fast as before. And I spin one of the rear wheels and the other one stays still and vise versa for the other side.

Well @#$%

Well, don't feel alone, today on the first run out after getting every thing perfect on this @#$% money pit. when it hit second gear the front must have hit a stick or something but the front wheels were off the ground and when I let off to turn it was too late. I hit a tree dead square head on with the left front wheel,so, wheel, tire, upper and lower control arms, shocks,and axle stub go to the left and truck goes into creek...BAD first experienc with nitro RC...???? Now, where can I find these parts???:\:angry:

Well, don't feel alone, today on the first run out after getting every thing perfect on this @#$% money pit. when it hit second gear the front must have hit a stick or something but the front wheels were off the ground and when I let off to turn it was too late. I hit a tree dead square head on with the left front wheel,so, wheel, tire, upper and lower control arms, shocks,and axle stub go to the left and truck goes into creek...BAD first experienc with nitro RC...???? Now, where can I find these parts???:\:angry:

Damn that sucks rectum.. lol Yeah that is a rough day.. so you got what about 2 minutes of run time?

Damn that sucks rectum.. lol Yeah that is a rough day.. so you got what about 2 minutes of run time?

Not even that, I warmed it up on the porch set it on the ground and 10 seconds later had to run after the truck in the creek, it did float,,, that was a plus. so tore it down and lubed every thing to get rid of the water..:angry:

Not even that, I warmed it up on the porch set it on the ground and 10 seconds later had to run after the truck in the creek, it did float,,, that was a plus. so tore it down and lubed every thing to get rid of the water..:angry:

Your lucky that it floated.. Mine prolly would have sunk.

I know what you mean! I was in the "1/2 throttle" 2nd tank stage of break in on my Maxx, and when the neighbors came out to see what the hell was going on, I goosed it a little in a turn and the little bastard hit a brick wall LOL! I bent a brand new shock, busted a steering arm, and both top and bottom mounts for the ... front end. I'm almost scared to go to the hobby shop - I have no clue how many zillions this is gonna cost.

100_3988.jpg

I never new HPI made t-maxxes:p::hehe:? lol JK

Yeah I broke it again this morning. This time it was the front. Mine looked identical to the pics above except I didnt rip the steering arms out. The HPI make this thing sickening fast!! :hehe:

well hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not the only one with bad luck !!! after just completely rebuilding my sons maxx first run after breaking in a new 2.5r all new rpm a-arms new tires and wheels took it out was running great did a lil tuneing thought would open it up was flieing down the road turned into the driveway tires started spinning hit a pot hole and did about 10 flips right off the 15 foot colvert! all 4 right side a arms broke, one wheel just shattered and broke top 4 fins off engine.... well guess back to rebuild and let my son break it next time!

HPIM1254.jpg

HPIM1253.jpg

HPIM1252.jpg

heres what happen this morning.

Wow, you guys know how to drive :whhooo: I've never had anything that bad happen! I'm not driving it right :D

Yep, you could defninately use some aluminum bulkheads, but I would not use those aluminum suspension arms in conjunction with aluminum bulkheads. RPM arms are inexpensive and tough alternatives.

Yeah that is going to be my next upgrade. RPM's all the way around and prolly FLM bulkheads.

Made a new video today. I have a few others but I'm trying to figure out my video editor so I can put them all together. There was 3 of us bashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Sounds like it switched gears a little easier once she got warmed up a little. Won't take much of an adjustment to get that shift point right. I bet a quarter turn will do it.

Back