Bargain of the Day - RedCat Everest Gen7

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I got up early today and decided since I hadn't been all year I would go to the local consignment auction. I had no plans of getting any new rc vehicles but I found this one at the auction. I took note of where it was so I could come back and bid on it. I almost missed out. They ran 2 areas simultaneously and I was outside trying to win another item I found and wanted. I scored it and got back inside just in time. They were already selling choices on the lot that this was in and bids were $25-$30 which I would have paid but didn't know this was in the current lot being sold because everyone was picking off the front table. Then someone won at $10 and picked items off the same table as this rig so I quickly asked where the line was for choices and being told this table was included. They always ask if anyone wants in for the same price after the winner picks what they want so I immediately jumped in and and scored the win! That's right, everything as you see it pictured for $10! :first_place:

I took these pics right after I got home. I turned on the receiver and the servo twitched the steering but there weren't any batteries in the transmitter. I put some fresh batteries in and tried it out again. The steering isn't centered and the motor runs but didn't drive the wheels. A quick inspection revealed an answer to that real quick. Unless there is damage in the trans causing the issue I will just need re-install and align the spur gear. Looking more closely in the pic, I may need a new spur. I didn't have time to do anything more today but it looks like a simple project for the near future.

full

full

full

Wow, that's a steal. Gen 7s can be turned into awesome trucks. Trust me, I know....... ;) Congrats on the great win....

Why, did you put up a new shelf
How about coming over and testing out the new paper on my bench sander with your fist of goodness.

Now you two boys settle down and behave! :p

My first thought was to sell it after I bought it because I'm capitalistic like that but I've got rid of too many r/cs I wish I hadn't already. So I will probably fix it, run it once or twice and then it will sit on my new shelf ?