Balsa Kit Wanted!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre1995

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am after a wooden plane kit I can build up during this isolation time as it’s something I have never done and want to take on the task. I will be building it for a friend who is having to live alone due to his family self isolating so I thought it would be nice to build him a new aircraft to cheer him up. I have a few spare brushless motors, esc’s and servo’s etc I could install into the build (from my many smashed up planes, yes I cannot fly to save my life!).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good well priced kit? I don’t really care what type of aircraft just something that would be a challenge to build as I am a carpenter by trade I don’t want anything too easy but nothing that requires me to be at my workshop as I am stuck indoors and it’s killing me not being able to get all my tools!

based in the UK

thanks in advance

I ordered a set of plans myself just for something to do. I also bought a Realflight 9 just to pretend I know what I'm doing when its finish and the world will let us go outside...

Good for you! I'm taking a break in the middle of building the P-38 Lightning. I even have a set of retracts for it.

1586305619681.png

I am a absolute nube But I ordered the Cessna 170 Laser Cut Kit, 24" . I also have the plans laid out on the bench and waiting for materials to build a Cloud Kitten .15

Well I have to be honest, the Cessna 170 failed miserably. I didn't realize it was going to be so tiny. Every time I added a part I broke one in half, so i'm done with that build however the Cloud Kitten .15 is really coming together nicely...

Back