baja inquiry

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sersly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I figure I should ask this ... is 5B off limits as this is a 'truck' thread?

Thanks

Sers

hmm ok, I am looking to buy a 5b in the future, how soon depends on alot of other things ...

Is the kit worth getting? I used to build glue up type models 20 years ago, but this seems like alot to put together? What are the pros and cons of a kit build?

It is easy to put a kit together and you can follow the step by step build vids made by FastEddy over at BajaPlanet.com.

Pros
You become familiar with how your rig is put together which makes it easier to repair
You are assured it is put together properly with loctite where needed
Kit is cheaper
You can install the radio gear of your choice (most use one of the 2.4ghz setups)
It's satisfying and fun to put it together

Cons
It will take some time to build so you won't be able to just charge the battery, fuel-up and run out of the box

It is a pc of cake ,like mentioned above if you can can build models you can build a baja pretty simple, the directs are pretty simple.. the kit form is nice..but shop around there is tons of great deals out there...;) this past spring I built a baj from the ground up for my wife out of spare parts for my wifre it was a blast...

Back