Baja clutch and carb question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a baja 5t the clutch is going on Ebay I can find 7000rpm and 8000 rpm . I'm guessing the 7000rpm will catch on faster and have the baja rev less to start right ??

Carb question is basically high n low needle . When I press a lil gas it's good, when I floor it it's also good even very good but when I put the gas ruffly in the middle (only on idle not when already rolling) it will kinda skip like if the gas isnt going there fast enoghe ( but it can't b that reason since when I floor it it doesn't do that ) b4 I start messing with the wrong needle high or low wanted opinions. Thanks

Hi I got a baja 5t the clutch is going on Ebay I can find 7000rpm and 8000 rpm . I'm guessing the 7000rpm will catch on faster and have the baja rev less to start right ??

Carb question is basically high n low needle . When I press a lil gas it's good, when I floor it it's also good even very good but when I put the gas ruffly in the middle (only on idle not when already rolling) it will kinda skip like if the gas isnt going there fast enoghe ( but it can't b that reason since when I floor it it doesn't do that ) b4 I start messing with the wrong needle high or low wanted opinions. Thanks

The best thing to do ,is to run all your needles in until they bottom out ,an count the turns as you do ,then you
know what the factory sets are!
They should be between 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 out ,try turning the low needle out about an 1/8 of turn out an see if
that helps ,you may have to play with them a little ,it sounds that its close where it needs to be as the needles
dont take much to make a difference on gas engines ,they are by far easier to tune than a nitro engine an will
here a change in the sound in the engine immedialey!

The best thing to do ,is to run all your needles in until they bottom out ,an count the turns as you do ,then you
know what the factory sets are!
They should be between 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 out ,try turning the low needle out about an 1/8 of turn out an see if
that helps ,you may have to play with them a little ,it sounds that its close where it needs to be as the needles
dont take much to make a difference on gas engines ,they are by far easier to tune than a nitro engine an will
here a change in the sound in the engine immedialey!
Ok thx , when it was colder it didnt dobthat but with the hot weather we have that's when it started