Baja 5B no start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super T

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I tried searching several forums but so far I have had no luck in getting my 5B to run.

It sat for a good while, and I went to enjoy it yesterday. Pulled on the starter so many times I botched the spring in the pull starter. So I bought a new pull start, picked up a new air filter, got new fuel, mixed in the 2 stroke oil at 25:1 as suggested for the Baja, cleaned the spark plug. Choke down, pulled and pulled to no avail.

Took out the plug and checked my spark, nice strong spark. I have spark, fuel, air. And no fire. All the bolts and screws are tight, from what I can see the gaskets look good from the outside, I have compression. It ran like a top when I used it last and didn't change anything since then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a kill switch installed it could be activated causing a no start. Also check the kill switch on the motor itself. Sometimes they stick on.

You may be getting fuel to the carb, but the jets are probably plugged from it sitting for so long. Disassemble the carb and give it a good cleaning.

Sent from my XT907