Backflipping Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can some one PLEASE help me with the proper gearing for my truggy. I have a ofna crt x2 truggy with a Tekno conversion that I brought used on ebay. I put a MM 2200kv system in and I'm running 6s. Problem is the darn thing flips even at half throttle . It has 21/44 gear set-up. can't find any wheelie bars, so I can't really enjoy my rig. I'm still new to brushless, I love the power and speed but I need control. BTW I never just bury the throttle, I always ease into it and when I get to a certain point it flips!! I know people run 6s in truggys all the time so I figure it must be gearing. Need Help!!!!

run it on 3s or 4S will help but if it is 6s you want. You can get the Castle link and reprogram your ESC. You can set the timing of you motor, change your throttle curve, and may other settings. With the motor you have you will have geared really high before it will stop doing back flips and you will rarely go wide open.

You can try a center diff too.

Or you can just put a hole lot a weight in the frontend.

Last edited:
run it on 3s or 4S will help but if it is 6s you want. You can get the Castle link and reprogram your ESC. You can set the timing of you motor, change your throttle curve, and may other settings. With the motor you have you will have geared really high before it will stop doing back flips and you will rarely go wide open.

Or you can just put a hole lot a weight in the frontend.

Yeah I just ordered a couple of 2s lipos yesterday. I heard when you gear it high, you run the risk of overheating.

Last edited:
Back