Baby needs a new pair of "shoes"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Rage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well after nearly 3 gallons of fuel my clutch shoes are gone! https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3301&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=

I was out in the back yard and went to take off from a stop and it wouldn't move, I heard something make like a grinding noise for just a second or two, so I brought it in and after I notice the black powdery stuff on the chassis I took the CB off and that is what you see..........I am replacing them with HB Aluminum shoes, and going from the 14t CB to a 13t, new Boca bearings and new slipper pad since it was pretty well worn too, sorry no pic of the slipper. Also on the list is a new THS pipe w/header, and M.I.P. CVD's.

Man that clutch looks real bad
:eyepatch:

Looks nothing.....it IS really bad LOL........needless to say I'm out of commision again for a few days :hammer:

Has anybody tried the aluminum clutch shoes??? Also is there a way to eleminate the need of the slipper pad for the spur gear??

:OMG: whoa what in the hell did you do? Did you run them in the wrong way or something? Did you get any other damage? Are these old. What you need is NURSE ARCE:doc: she can help!

LOL, no these were the origonal shoes that were in the truck when I got it new, they lasted for almost 3 gallons

you scared me again me when yousiad they were the ORIGINAL SHOES! Man that would have sucked if you got them the way they look in your pics. I have asked about the aluminum shoes and I was told they last a lot longer than the plastic or nylon shoes. just have to sand them down prior to initial use and then just remove the excess after a few runs. You shoiuld really ask around who uses them and if they are race legal. Good luck!

Yea I have heard that they will last a lot longer, but I won't be doing any racing with my MT, this is just for the pure brute low end power.

that's cool bashing is always fun! I have no idea about the pricing.Have fun !!

My LHS already has them on the way, should be here by Wednesday, $20.00

Do you have a link or part number for the aluminum shoes? All the aluminum shoe sets I see are for the 2 shoe clutch.

I put the 3 piece aluminum shoe kit in my savage. huge difference.
pulled wheelies all day long

I forget the name brand he ordered for me, but as soon as I get them I will post a name and part number for you, sorry for the inconvenience

Back