Axles for tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knights

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a locking rear end in my old tmaxx. I broke the axle cup the other day. This is about the 3rd time over a decade. I know that's not to bad, but I was thinking about going to a upgrade.
1. Can I even get a upgrade for the very first 4910?

2.Is it true that the upgrade make more heat and wear out quick?

3. If I upgrade should I go with steel or something else?

4. And what name brand would be good for my short wheel base Maxx. a link would be Great.
Happy Easter.

Last edited:
If you’re running a spool I would just use the stock axles. They will be the weak link and are easy/cheap to replace. 3 failures in a decade is very good.
With a spool if you beef up the axles the chance of breaking the spool or something else will increase.

+1 for snookmans advice

transmited from a mobile communications device

Thanks snook. My other tmaxx uses larger axles. (Bigger around) Would those larger plastic cups fit my truck. I was thinking it might give me alittle more strength.

I am going to go try it?

Here is another thing I have been tryihng to find out. What is the difference between the picco 26 maxx and the picco 26 maxx red dot? are they both big blocks? The price is about the same. The only difference I saw was one has a blue head and the other a black head.

Here is another thing I have been tryihng to find out. What is the difference between the picco 26 maxx and the picco 26 maxx red dot? are they both big blocks? The price is about the same. The only difference I saw was one has a blue head and the other a black head.

The red dot hits higher rpms and has a little bit more top end

they both also have a small block footprint so a lot of people dont consider them a true bjg block

The picco .26 Maxx (blue head) has 5 ports in the sleeve.

The picco .26 JL Red Dot (black head) has 7 ports in the sleeve & different timing.