Axle problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny352

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My maxx 3.3 rear axle left side only keeps coming loose " set screw" any idea why I use loctite cause its upgraded to me tel hubs

My maxx 3.3 rear axle left side only keeps coming loose " set screw" any idea why I use loctite cause its upgraded to me tel hubs

first off please use correct punctuation so we understand you clearly.

you do need to use locktite on the set screws (really ALL screws). and what is the "upgraded to me tel hubs" mean?

Metal hubs sorry I use my phone I don't know why it did that

are you letting the Loctite dry before using it?
sounds simple but make sure the wheel is seated on the hub snug. try and eliminate vibrations that are causing the screws to back out.

No I'm not letting it dry am I suppose too? Its got all aluminum arms on it and lowered to its max could this be causing it purchased it for 50 bucks and put a 3.3 on it

Pic of problem areq

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405472187290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405472187290.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 204
I'm seeing what appears to be aluminum dust in that pic. If the threads have stripped out the loctite won't help.

Its sand I had just ran it to see if changing the axle and hub would fix it and it didn't

let the loctite dry and if that doesn't work you could get some heat shrink and shrink it over the cup its worked for me a few times in the past.

hey rolex i like the sig...

That would be them

Back