Axle Carriers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I noticed my axle carriers (stock) have a ton of play in them,all 4. What should i upgrade to? How are the tekno axle Carriers? anyone have any experiance with them or is there another brand i should go with? Or i just came across the rpm carriers with oversized bearings. I have heard alot of good about rpm so i assume they would be good.

Last edited:
Where's the play happening? Is it between the outer bearing race and carrier?
The tekno carriers are highly coveted, but I know nothing about them.

I use platinum carriers with the pillow ball reinforcement rings and 6x13 outer bearings. Maybe you have those with a 12mm bearing in them?

well alot of the play seems to be in the wheel hubs and the axles where they come through the wheel hubs actually.Could my wheel hubs be worn?

The 17mm aluminum hubs do that. I have used smaller glow plug washers in there before, and it helps. Obviously I should be using actual 6mm shims.

The Tekno carriers and 8mm stub axle with 17mm wheel hex kit is a great upgrade.
Virtually all slop will be gone and they are very, very durable.
DSC03887.gif

A little pricey, but well worth it IMO.

The 17mm aluminum hubs do that. I have used smaller glow plug washers in there before, and it helps. Obviously I should be using actual 6mm shims.

The shim goes in the hub? Or behind it?

....Between the 17mm hex and the outer wheel bearing. They have to be 6mm inside and not very big on the outside so they only tighten up against the inside race of your wheel bearing.

It works good for a cheap fix.

ok thanks i will do that till i order all the upgaded stuff

Back