Axial's new scaler......"Trail Honcho"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It is a Toyota soooooooo I love it.

img169_13112009153535_1.jpg

brad-jeep_0005a.jpg

That makes two of us.

Wow that looks pretty sweet and I dont even like scalers lol.

Is it a kit or??

More information....

This is the Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho 1/10th 4WD Electric Rock Crawler Kit. The latest SCX10 is inspired by off-road vehicles that are basically part truck and part buggy, nicknamed "truggies". The new Axial SCX10 is the kit to have when it comes to having a realistic looking truggy. It incorporates realistic features like a steel c-channel ladder frame, plastic molded cage, and plastic front bumper with aluminum skid plates to attack the trails with. These are just a few of the items that set this kit apart.

The SCX10 was designed to resemble its full sized "scale/1:1" counterparts, yet is still able to perform and crawl like a 2.2 AX10 Scorpion competition crawler. Unlike the AX10 which is purely competition driven, the SCX10 doesn't compromise its look for pure performance although the SCX10 is a more than capable trail rig on or off the trails.

The SCX10 uses the same ultra durable transmission and axles as the AX10 Scorpion, but is built around a more realistic or “scale” frame. It also runs smaller more realistic looking wheels and tires. These trucks are designed to have fun with, especially if you have a few friends that have scale rigs. Getting a few guys together and going out for a scale trail run is one of the best things you can do if you're an avid off-roading enthusiast.

Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho Features:

* Torsional Stiffness: Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity
* Skid Plate: Molded skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain
* Shock Hoops: Allow for multiple shock positions for tunable performance
* Coil Over Shocks: Dual Rate Springs provide maximum off-road performance
* Adjustable Body Posts: Accommodates varying body sizes, and includes additional rear mount for SUV body's
* Battery Tray: Multiple mounting positions for adjusting weight bias. This allows you to adjust your suspension for different handling characteristics
* Electronics Box: Designed to protect electronics from some serious off-road dust and debris
* Steel C-Channel Frame: Steel C-channel frame provides realistic looks, and it also delivers a solid rigid platform for some rigorous off-roading
* Slipper Clutch: Allows the motor to work more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds
* Axles: Proven durability. Comes standard with a hi-tolerance sintered diff lock and hardened axle shafts
* Transmission: The transmission was designed to place the weight of the motor as low as possible to maintain a low CG (Center of Gravity). The ultra compact transmission doesn't compromise performance because it also allows for a wide range of gearing choices
* Lighting: Take your scale build to the next level with the added bonus of 14 included light buckets! (LED’S NOT INCLUDED)
* Rock Sliders: Rock sliders reduce body damage and allows you to slide off rock obstacles
* Trail Honcho Body: Realistic triangulated plastic molded roll cage also comes with a lexan formed flat-bed with diamond plating and molded fuel cell details. Trail Honcho body also comes with lexan headlight buckets (not shown).
* Pro-Line FlatIrons Tires: Big slats of slanted rock – this is typically what is referred to as Flat Iron. In the case of the Flat Iron tire, it is made to do just that – traverse, descend, and ascend big slats of slanted rock.
* 8 Hole Beadlock Wheels: 8 hole beadlocks offer a realistic scale look. The wheel is made of a strong durable composite material, and comes standard with a gray aluminum beadlock ring.

Chassis Specifications:
Wheelbase: 313mm (12.3")
Width: 227mm (9")
Height: 150mm (5.9")
Ground Clearance: 68mm (2.7")
Weight: 1814g (4.0 lbs")

Body Specifications:
Length: 457mm (18")
Width without fender flares: 216mm (8.5")
Height: 137mm (5.4")

http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3994

d915fd618beec812455349643e130100.jpg

8fbe9f0e382a49b29a3e36257ef9e330.jpg

530343a8e21413f516287ac467dc75b6.jpg

I like it because it looks pretty cool and obviously its a good idea on Axials behalf but it take all originality out of a flat bed "yota" now imo. A true scaler to me has to have many hours of build time put into it, not just pulling it out of a box and saying you built a scaler.

I think it's a good idea. I think it qualifies as a scaler because it is a kit that has to be put together. It also has a scale look to it. You can customize it if it isn't exactly the rig that you want.

I like it because it looks pretty cool and obviously its a good idea on Axials behalf but it take all originality out of a flat bed "yota" now imo. A true scaler to me has to have many hours of build time put into it, not just pulling it out of a box and saying you built a scaler.

It is called Mcd's scaler, pull up to you LHS and get it your way no skill needed.:hehe:

This would be about the only way I would ever get a scaler, I just have the time or talent to make a scaler like you master craftsmen do, LOL!!!!!

Back