Axial-soon to release new scaler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well the rumors have been floating around for a while but I finally got my hand on some facts. Axial is currently getting ready to release a new 1.9 inch scaler kit. I don't want to steal other peoples photos of it and post them, but I'll post the information that has been released so far.

-True ladder frame with bolt on shock hoops
-Custom styled skid
-Double spring, oil filled shocks allowing you to control the spring rate and dampening
-Very realistic looks based on the popular AX10 platform
-Grey anodized aluminum links for scale appearance
-All new 1.9" wheels and Pro-Line tires with a scale look and huge performance
-CF-100 Kustom Retro Truck Body
-Truck will be sold in kit form with no electronics
-Axial SCX10 $450.00 msrp

hmm, well it sounds very interesting.

they do show that the rig in the spy pics uses a metal C-Channel frame with plastic braces and supports. The frame is designed similar to the high lift-on much more scale from what I can see.

It's funny you should ask, I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when I sent that last PM.

Personally, I think for a 1.9 rig, they're going to have to be narrowed. I think if they were going to use the stock width axles, they should have built a 2.2 scaler, thats just my thinkin though lol.

I would love to see a narrower axle. That would open up a ton of toy rc bodies to be able to be used for scale projects.

I saw some modded Axial axles that a guy built that looked really good. I've been thinking about building a set because I have two extra sets of axles that I built from the stock parts that were left over after upgrading the axles in my crawlers.

I did hear that Tamiya is going to start selling new axle sets of the TLT axles, or maybe they already are, I'm not real sure.

But those are not very scale in this day and age. I believe RC4WD is also making a smaller axle too.

I love to see scale now starting to take off. I really like seeing a rc truck that actually looks like something you could see on the road or a trail. That's why I am not really in to the comp type crawlers, they just don't look real to me. Maybe I would like them more if there were actually some comps out here on this stupid island. :\

Yeah if you could get to some competitions you would really have a blast.

I know what you mean about stuff looking scale. I'm actually building my trailfinder to kook as scale as possible, and then I'm going to do another tube frame clod body 1.9 inch scale rig, only it's going to be built to go out riding and driving, and more on the performance side with either a leaf spring/link setup front and rear, or a link setup on both ends.

I competely agree about the TLT axles, I just don't think they look scale at all, with the square cases and such. But they are narrow as I understand it. I'm thinking the Losi MRC axles would be perfect for a 1.9 inch rig, but I haven't scene them in person. The RC4WD stuff looks really scale. I talked to some people that have been having problems with their axles in rigs that they're taking out crawling, but for something built to look good, some of the RC4WD stuff is beautiful. Personally, I think the trailfinder looks quite scale with the right setup and body.

whats a cf100 body? what would it resemble?

I'm thinkin it's an F100 body, but I'm not sure about that, I'll have to check on it.

is there any update on this scaler? or is prolly something they will release around Christmas?

I think it's going to be a good bit sooner than that, but that's just my speculation based on what the guys from Axial have been saying. There's no telling really. Losi announced their Carvers would be released on August 20 so guys could take them to nationals, and Futaba pushed the 4PK back time and time again.

If all goes well, I'm think the Axial will be out before Christmas. We will have them at East End Machining I'm pretty sure, when they are released.

It would be smart on their part to get it out before Christmas. I am really curious as to what axles will be under it.

NC, I'm thinking that its going to be the regular axial axles. I could be completely wrong, but based on the description at RPP, it sounds like the complete AX-10 drivetrain will remain the same.

"The new Axial SCX10 is the kit to have when it comes to building a scale working replica of your favorite old truck. Features like a true C-channel ladder frame, with bolt on shock hoops, custom styled skid plate and double spring oil filled shocks are just a few of the items that sets this kit apart. Realistic scale looks based on the durable drive train from the popular AX10 Scorpion Realistic looking 2 spring oil filled shocks allow you to control the spring rate and dampening to suit any driving style or weight of truck. Grey anodized aluminum links add to the scale realism All new 1.9? wheels and Pro-Line tires not only look realistic but are a huge upgrade in performance. CF-100 Kustom Retro Truck Body included"

I really hope I'm wrong, and it's the first actual scale kit on the market by a big manufacturer. I REALLY hope it has narrow scale axles, and the chassis actually looks scale instead of looking like a high lift.

A naked high lift looks nothing at all like a scale truck. I am looking forward to seeing this chassis. One may eventually end up under my Clod body.

I am planning on selling my super crawler to free up some funds to finish the tuber so I can get started on my next scaler. :hehe:

Side shot.

attachment.php