Axial Ryft RBX10 recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody....
Just asking the members with the Ryft for any changes or upgrades they found beneficial. Thanks for the help and responses.
Charlie B

We are just starting to build ours, but everything but the shock shafts look to be pretty beefy. The shock shafts are puny on these. I can't believe they didn't go with something slightly beefier considering how long they are.
20211230_122734.jpg

Do you have the kit version or the RTR? If you have the RTR, you will want the sway bar kit and the metal plates for the rear lower links.

Pro-Line has some shocks that fit the Ryft, but if I remember right they are like $150 or so for all 4.

We are just starting to build ours, but everything but the shock shafts look to be pretty beefy. The shock shafts are puny on these. I can't believe they didn't go with something slightly beefier considering how long they are.
View attachment 140922

Do you have the kit version or the RTR? If you have the RTR, you will want the sway bar kit and the metal plates for the rear lower links.

Pro-Line has some shocks that fit the Ryft, but if I remember right they are like $150 or so for all 4.
Hey WF...
I took your recommendation and just got done installing the sway bar and the swing arm metal reinforcing plates. Straight forward install. I ordered a Reef's RC RAW 500 Servo. I was watching Greg the "RC Driver" and he put one in his Ryft and had great things to say about it so I went ahead and ordered. Kinda pricey but ain't everything. Hope your build is going along well!

Hey WF...
I took your recommendation and just got done installing the sway bar and the swing arm metal reinforcing plates. Straight forward install. I ordered a Reef's RC RAW 500 Servo. I was watching Greg the "RC Driver" and he put one in his Ryft and had great things to say about it so I went ahead and ordered. Kinda pricey but ain't everything. Hope your build is going along well!
Reef's servos are hard to beat. I am thinking of going with full blown Tekin electronics, including their servo which is like stupid money for me to spend on a servo. But I kinda want the electronics to match the quality of the kit.

Reef's servos are hard to beat. I am thinking of going with full blown Tekin electronics, including their servo which is like stupid money for me to spend on a servo. But I kinda want the electronics to match the quality of the kit.
Yeah man, build it like you want it and you won't be disappointed. That's going to be great machine!

Yeah man, build it like you want it and you won't be disappointed. That's going to be great machine!
So you have the RTR then. The only other thing I know they changed in the kit version besides the link braces, sway bar, and cage color is the 2-speed trans and the axle housing are made from a better plastic. I am not sure if they have since added the new housings to the RTR, but do some research and see if you can find out. People were complaining of the stock RTR housings being fragile.

That being said, there are these upgrades if you do have the weaker housings...
https://www.amainhobbies.com/ssd-rc...HqsTEfYtCxHDOTadj0zheY734UvoB_60aAp7WEALw_wcB
ssd00474.jpg

So you have the RTR then. The only other thing I know they changed in the kit version besides the link braces, sway bar, and cage color is the 2-speed trans and the axle housing are made from a better plastic. I am not sure if they have since added the new housings to the RTR, but do some research and see if you can find out. People were complaining of the stock RTR housings being fragile.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/ssd-rc...HqsTEfYtCxHDOTadj0zheY734UvoB_60aAp7WEALw_wcB
ssd00474.jpg

ssd00474.jpg
10-4 I have the rtr. When the housings break I'll go for the upgrade. Thanks for the heads up. Hey...are you going to dye the Grey cage? If you are, check around Google. I vaguely remember reading some thing about the ryft Grey cage not taking the dye (rit) as well as some other plastics. Just thought I'd mention it. Keep on truckin.

10-4 I have the rtr. When the housings break I'll go for the upgrade. Thanks for the heads up. Hey...are you going to dye the Grey cage? If you are, check around Google. I vaguely remember reading some thing about the ryft Grey cage not taking the dye (rit) as well as some other plastics. Just thought I'd mention it. Keep on truckin.
Already got her done. The Rit dye took beautifully. I did the front with Tangerine and the rear with Scarlet red.
20211229_130011.jpg

Already got her done. The Rit dye took beautifully. I did the front with Tangerine and the rear with Scarlet red.
View attachment 141117
WOW!! Great job man. That really sets it off and makes it yours. Sounds like you're having fun and getting satisfaction with this build. Keep on truckin.

WOW!! Great job man. That really sets it off and makes it yours. Sounds like you're having fun and getting satisfaction with this build. Keep on truckin.
Yeah, it is just waiting for the electronics to finish it, which will take me awhile to gather the funds for. I am going to try to order the motor and ESC next week, but it may end up being next month as I have a couple other projects needing parts.