Axial JK Rubicon Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup that does look good, I think I'll do mine soon....well sooner or later

Looking goo bro! You need a trailer now, this would make a good tow rig.

Thanks Pete, I was actually thinking about attempting a trailer next ironically enough. I just need to figure out the size, as I want to be able to haul the Wraith without it looking odd scale wise.

I be seen one on YouTube and I don't think they look odd at all, the trailer does look wider than a jeep though just so the wraith tires are on the trailer completely.

Huge thanks to tmaxxfreek for finding my driver.

Jungle Recon from Action figure therapy

"Hey man, you ever drove one of these Jeeps? Freakin badass man." :D

PebOKAl.jpg

HEHE....been wanting me one for my TF2 but can't find another one.....

Any upgrades planned for the Jeep or just running stock?

I finally got to get the Rubi outside yesterday after work. I'm pretty happy with it, but it needs some tweaking like all rigs. First things first, the tread on the Maxxis Treps is pretty closed up for east coast clay, so I started working on them tonight. Nothing crazy, just something to help them hook up and clean out better.

4X3vgZq.jpg

I finished cutting all the tires, and got my hard top painted today. In hindsight, I should have painted the outside since flat black looks like gloss black behind the lexan. Oh well, it probably won't get used a lot anyway, I like the open cage look better, but it will be nice for those muddy / rainy days.

EKbrS8d.jpg

nnD4mDz.jpg

I picked up some Axial 8 hole beadlocks, so of course, I had to make some beadlock rings for them. They weigh right at 2oz each, so if you run a front and back on the front wheels you gain close to 4oz per wheel. I also decided to try my hand at a design on these, I'm pretty happy how they turned out considering I only have a few bucks in them.

0E0kNyI.jpg

Man how the hell did I miss this build HPI?!?! Looks great I love the silver prob the best over all factory 1:1 colors. A couple things, how do you slug your shafts I might build an AR60 comper with my Wraith and an EEM comp chassis using the stock shafts and convert the Wraith to a 1.9 based scaler here soon after.my Rubi is done. Also were you able to get all ur electronics in the rx box w/ or w/o a cc bec? I dont care for my servo box for my rx box, I want to relocate the pack up front like yours thats why I ask.

I slug the shafts with all thread that fits snug, that is epoxied into place as shown in my Cheap SOB crawler thread. Everything including my CC BEC is inside the RX box, and everything is waterproofed with conformal coating also. I have some new stuff for it, just haven't had any time for RC lately. And with riding season rapidly approaching, it's time to shift gears and get ready for summertime hobbies.

Alright lets say us poor folk dont have or can't afford all thread, would a solid wood dowel or an alloy link like the ones used as upper and lowers? And I'm assuming it has to be driven all the way in right behind the yolk?

Also what Axial plastics did you use to attach the Wraith battery plate together, then what attached to the chassis?

Alright lets say us poor folk dont have or can't afford all thread, would a solid wood dowel or an alloy link like the ones used as upper and lowers? And I'm assuming it has to be driven all the way in right behind the yolk?

Also what Axial plastics did you use to attach the Wraith battery plate together, then what attached to the chassis?

You want something solid for shear strength. Hollow tube would be stronger than stock, but you really want something solid. And yes, cut it just shorter than than butting up against the yolk, and you're good.

I used a Wraith battery tray, and four zip ties. :D