Axial Capra: Vader skidplate, Hobbywing motor, Vanquish 3-gear + Dig --- Did I do it right?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarfnort

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Here's a pic of my current progress. I'm guessing it's right, but I am SOOOO not sure. So many things could be wrong. I'm hoping somebody here has done this already (or at least some of it) and can tell me if it's right, or wrong, or what.

In the right side of the photo is the front of the vehicle (note the Reefs servo) and the left is the rear (note the cheap Amazon 35kg servo, plus the same one as the dig servo).

Yes/no/maybe/Bueller?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 1.49.59 PM.jpg

One definite issue: I can't get the front drive shaft to fit onto the motor. There isn't enough clearance to get the pin into it with the plastic cap on, but if I remove the cap, the pin holding it together falls out. I suppose I could grind down the cap a little, but I wanted to check first in case maybe I screwed something up assembling the transmission.

Last edited:
Can you not disconnect the upper links, get the driveshaft in, then bolt the upper links back on?

That isn't what I was talking about with the driveshaft. Nevermind; I got that part fixed.
How did you fix the issue with the pin? And are you running the stock Capra cage with that set up?