axial beadloc rims!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motojay

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so..i got some axial rims and proline roadrage tires..k..got tires off ebay rim at my rc store. so am puttin all them little dam srw in took me ab a hour1/2.. so was snowing out so thout lets try them.... was all good for 5min..they stared hoppin bad...out of control...thout hmmmm..Water.. k took them apart.. there was alot of water..k dryed them,,put them back together.. and they hop still... so put stock rims on and evething seems ok there is little hop but thout was tire exspand but drives ok....What do youall think i should do..evethin on my revo is stock ... i think tires r off bal,,or axals r tweek?????? what should i do?? got $$$100 into rims&tires:(

Do you have any drainage holes in the beadlocks? If you don't, then add them to help get rid of the water. If the were wobbling after you removed the water, did you remember that the foams were still wet?

You have to be pretty careful mounting a tire on a beadlock. Really take your time with tightening the screws evenly. Make sure the tire is not stretching or pinching the whole time your turning the screws. Sometimes there are spots that need a little adjustment, which means taking the screws back loose. You may need to balance your wheels/tires as well. It really helps.

cool.seen the post ab blancein ...and a vido..so.am gunna try??? so anyways i did get all the water out! hmm so wanted to drive more so put stock rims on k.. now i c a woble in the cv So I think my Stock CV's are bent I have my truck up on a box and start it up and put my finger on the control arm and hold it on cv and I can see that it is tweaked a little is that normal for it to be a bit wobbly? I did just put new bead lock wheels and road tires on that could be unbalanced. When running new road tires the car jumps crazy out of control..yet when I put on the original tires that came with my revo it runs and drives okay not as jumpy. so just wondering is it normal to see a little wobble in the plastc cv? I'm going to try to balance road tires with bead lock rims.

It's normal for them to wobble a little bit. Make sure you don't have any bad bearings and that everything is tight. Make sure your toe adjustment is sound. Every carrier on any truck I have owned has needed the carriers shimmed a hair. If you can move your wheels, top to bottom a lot(1/4" or so), then they probably need shimmed. Balancing your tires can only help as well.

so thanks for ur help...took in to the rc shop they sed its all good ther soposeto wabble.... just dnt look right.. so how the heack would make smooth enuff to do ***80mph.... dnt seem pos????? I've seen how to banance and done it on mortorcycle,,seem to me would u have to blance alot more than just the tires..

It's normal for them to wobble a little bit. Make sure you don't have any bad bearings and that everything is tight. Make sure your toe adjustment is sound. Every carrier on any truck I have owned has needed the carriers shimmed a hair. If you can move your wheels, top to bottom a lot(1/4" or so), then they probably need shimmed. Balancing your tires can only help as well.

ya everthin is good.shim r in.bearins r good,,,its like.u pick up the truck and gas it up and it looks like ur goin offroadin tires just bouncein away/...

Seriously dude, you wanna try re-writing that in english. That is complete gibberish and the reason no one is willing to help you, when it is a chore to read what you wrote most members will just move on. This is NOT a chat room or a text message, use real words and you will be amazed how much help you can get here.

Seriously dude, you wanna try re-writing that in english. That is complete gibberish and the reason no one is willing to help you, when it is a chore to read what you wrote most members will just move on. This is NOT a chat room or a text message, use real words and you will be amazed how much help you can get here.

:goodpost:

Yeah, great suggestion. I was wondering what a "beadkoc" was...

Can I ask a question of the OP? Why beadlocks on a Revo? Even for bashing, they are too heavy, especially for a Revo. I can't imagine you want them for racing. So, what's the attraction for a Revo?

(purely asking as I have to know, no other reason)

Some of us hate gluing tires and then having to bake or boil the rims to get them off. I use some beadlocks that aren't that much heavier than stock on mine.

Yeah, great suggestion. I was wondering what a "beadkoc" was...

Can I ask a question of the OP? Why beadlocks on a Revo? Even for bashing, they are too heavy, especially for a Revo. I can't imagine you want them for racing. So, what's the attraction for a Revo?

(purely asking as I have to know, no other reason)

sorry..dude... how about that i thout i may be able to change tires faster..no glue??? so what would u suggest????for road rims anyway y u trippin....was u a hurry

Let me try this again....

Let me help.....

anyway y u trippin....was u a hurry

No doubt you spend a LOT of time in chat rooms where you have to type at 195 words per minute to try to keep your comments in some sort of chronological order.
SLOW DOWN. This is NOT a chat room. If your post can be clearly read and understood, someone will give you the information you're looking for. If it takes several minutes to figure out what you're trying to say, they usually give up and move on.
Need help? Need info? Just want to add a comment? Go right ahead, but use real words and some real punctuation. No one is asking you to pass your English final here, but we are not here to interpret code.

Back