Attention 2.5 owners!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

[email protected]

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The past few times I ran my maxx I noticed that the spur gear was seemingly binding up. Upon further inspection, I found that it wasn't the spur, but the clutch. What was happening was that the crank bolt behind the clutch shoes has a lip at the base, so when I would take a couple passes the clutch pads would open and when close again, wouldn't seat flush against the flywheel, thus causing the pads to rub against the bell. So I took the pads off and bevelled the the inside edge. Problem solved. This was driving me crazy because I would have to keep the idle a little higher and tune lean to keep the truck running because the engine was under load.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I have heard of this issue before.
Great tip.
I will look at mine next time I have it off.
Thanks.

Maxxcrazy88

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what do you mean by binding? I have noticed that when I first got it the spur gear+ clutch bell were spinning freely now it seems to rub on something is this what you meant?

Last edited:

Maxxcrazy88

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
oops same post clicked the button too many time:doh:

Last edited:

[email protected]

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
what do you mean by binding? I have noticed that when I first got it the spur gear+ clutch bell were spinning freely now it seems to rub on something is this what you meant?

Yes exactly.:cool: