associated MGT 3.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jduncan

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm gonna buy another monster truck and I was looking at team associateds mgt 3.0......I just wanted some opinions before I make a purchase

It Depends

It depends on what kind of budget you have to work with. Personally for about 200 more you get a truck that is pretty strong out of the box if you get the 8.0. It has the fm radio installed which is way better than the am radio's they offer. You get a stronger driveline with everything being metal from the factory. You also get a huge .50 engine that's pretty good out of the box. No matter which MGT you get It's an easy platform to work on. I have an MGT 8.0 and the truck just rocks. Some downsides to this truck is you might have to seal the engine after break in, the tranny requires a long 2.0 Allen wrench to adjust it, and the engine is very sensitive to tuning. Also the fuel mileage is low but who cares. Hope this helps, Steve.

I haven't heard too many good things about this truck. I looked at it when I got into nitro and decided against it. I would suggest the Savage XL with 4.6 engine.

Back