Associated 4.60 Engine Won't Run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precision R/C

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Okay I pride myself on being able to figure out most anything on my RC vehicles but this one has me stumped. I have a brand new Associated 4.60 engine aka .28 Pro that will not run. If I give it a couple of drops of fuel directly down the carb it will run for a few seconds then die. I have replaced all of the fuel lines, new fuel tank (old one was cracked) I have checked the carb settings several times, swapped glow plugs several times. I am running out of patients with this brand new engine. Anyone ever had an air leak from the factory on one of these and where? All other ideas welcome. Thanks.

If you can get it to run by dripping fuel into the carb, then obviously it's not getting fuel on its own. The carb throat opening is the idle setting. That doesn't mean the needles are open enough to provide fuel. Start by opening the LSN a little at a time with the HSN about 3 1/2 turns from closed.

Are you priming it enough?
Plenty, Vehicle had primer bulb to begin with. Now gone because I thought that the bulb itself might have been the problem, obviously not.

Plenty, Vehicle had primer bulb to begin with. Now gone because I thought that the bulb itself might have been the problem, obviously not.
Try priming through the fuel pipe attached to the exhaust, try blowing into that.