Arrma Infraction 3s?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a good but relatively inexpensive drift car. I was looking at the Arrma Infraction Mega(brushed). Looks pretty cool, says goes about 30, I'd like to get that up a little higher. Anyone know if this can take 3S at stock or would it need some upgrades?

You need a brushless conversion including all Arrma 3s stuff. The stock ESC is 3s capable I believe, but don’t try it.

You need a brushless conversion including all Arrma 3s stuff. The stock ESC is 3s capable I believe, but don’t tr

You need a brushless conversion including all Arrma 3s stuff. The stock ESC is 3s capable I believe, but don’t try it.
Ok thanks

3 cell on a 9t brushed I would not. I'm pretty sure you could put a larger spur gear on it not sure how fast you want?. it has a 15t run time will be limited by heat .or go brushless way more dollars

40ish would be good, atleast 35. Does it actually do 30?
Any suggestions on a decent drift/touring car under 400. Or a kit that needs motor and ESC or all electronics? Wouldn't mind a project.

Last edited:
Nope the stock ESC (Mega brushed) is 2s max. So you will need a new ESC that is 3s capable.

Read the specs here, it’s the same esc, but rebranded.
Screenshot_20220106-192225.png

This is straight from Arrma's official website.

I would point them in a brushless direction if they are wanting a higher top speed with a decent amount of torque. So I'd get a brushless ESC and motor. They are available at Jenny's RC.

Watching videos online looks like top speed is about 25 for the Infraction. Think I'm gonna get a redcat lightning epx slider and throw in my own brushless system along with lots of upgrades; hardened steel spur and pinion, fast Eddy bearings, aluminum carrier and steering hubs, steel universal driveshafts.. Any other suggestions for upgrades so this can handle 40mph? I'm already at about 250$ with the tires, upgrades and body. I have an unused 60a ESC and 4500kv brushless motor along with extra servo receiver and transmitter so saving money there. I think the differential gears are already steel, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for any suggestions.

There are some very inexpensive brushless ESC and motor combos out there. Doesn’t have to be Spektrum stuff. Lots of breakers on EBay parting stuff out, Jenny’s RC as mentioned, and more. You can get a Rocket 3400kv and ESC combo new on AliExpress for less than $50.00. They run cool on 3s too unless you’re using really tall gearing.

I've got an ESC and motor, 60amp and 4500kv. Thanks though.

I've got an ESC and motor, 60amp and 4500kv. Thanks though.
That’s cool. 4500kv might limit your 3s excursions a bit unless you’re running very conservative gearing and a couple of motor fans. Have your temp gun handy!

I'll probably stick to 2s with that motor. Maybe a speed run or two on 3s.

Back