Are these tuned pipes any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My used savage x came with it as a spare.

0914162024.jpg

Not sure about the dual one like that ,if it wasn't mounted on the truck when you got it ,probably not!
I think people bought those because they looked cool.
I don't think they are a performance pipe!

Not sure about the dual one like that ,if it wasn't mounted on the truck when you got it ,probably not!
I think people bought those because they looked cool.
I don't think they are a performance pipe!
I searched and found some old threads, I guess they don't produce enough back pressure to help with scavenging making them harder to tune.

So it glows too good? Maybe blocking one of the holes will make it work better? Maybe I should cut it open and see what's in it lol

Never had one, but, I believe you will never find this style of pipe on a website that sells performance engines or pipes.

Cool factor only. It is important to remember that the pipe plays a role in engine performance AND engine cooling and lubrication via reverberation of pulse waves... Or something technical like this :(

Totally correct. The pipes with the dual outlets are in general a look cool, run like crap gimmick. They will cause timing issues and could end up costing you a motor too. Stay far away!!! (yes, cut it open and use it as an ashtray, like pretty much everything ever made in a high school shop class)

No. If it has dual exit then 99% of the time it is not good.