Are looks deceiving?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one funky looking pipe...wonder if it's meant to be competition for the new TRAXXAS 2.5 pipe...

I'll sit this one out and see what the first takers have to say...I am happy with my current rig.

The manufacturer says it only for the old Maxx not the new one.
F-u-n-k-y

Its shape is similar to the 2.5's new pipe...I'd bet it would work on it. I am still skeptical...it kind of goes against what I know of nozzle design and back pressure, but there are exotics out there...maybe this will be the next greatest thing...

It sure has a look all its own. I would like to see one run before I buy one.

That is one fugly pipe! I will wait to see a review IF anyone buys this thing. I am very happy with my current set up.

YUCK! And NO!!! It appears as if its height would create just one more area of exposure to rolls and flips. No Go :(

Unless of coarse its a performing beast. Then, maybe, just maybe. But it almost looks to exhaust on the wrong side doesn't it?

Follow this thread though - they are close to a review - plus there are more pics:
http://pub21.ezboard.com/fmaxximumtraxxasfrm48.showMessage?topicID=6286.topic

-from the seller of the pipe-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 1 minute video with sound of a test T-maxx and proto type rear exit exhaust for a t-maxx .15 . It is not as strong a pipe as what you see pictured here but the sound is very close . If you would like to view it E-mail me and I will send it to you .

I understand our pipe is not what you are used to seeing , but we are making them in the fashion we make ATV exhausts. The *hook* shape is to get the right amount of pipe to fit onto the truck .

I have a couple pipes we have ran here at the shop , I don't have a problem sending them to poeple who would like to try one . Just please pay the shipping costs ($5.00) .Please return them promptly so someone else can try them .

We have plans for a pipe for the new T-maxx . As soon as we get our hands on one we will be working on that project .

My E-mail address is [email protected]

I bet that pipe performs well,even if it does look like a rotten banana.:banana:

Originally posted by Maxximus Output
I bet that pipe performs well,even if it does look like a rotten banana.:banana:

lol rotten :banana: banana

Originally posted by Maxximus Output

OMG - that was exactly what I thought it looked like too. :)

-WoodiE

After reading the MaxxTraxx thread to its conclusion, the pipe sounds like it might be worth a go. Moneyback guarantee makes it a win-win situation. If you like it, money is well spent; if not, money spent is money returned.

If you can get past the funky shape, it might actually give you what you want for top end performance. I am happy with low to mid range performers (even though I use the TRAXXAS Tuned Pipe a known top end pipe); I want offroad capability for my offroad truck, not speed.

Of course looks are deceving have you guys every been to a country bar take ohome a girl wearing a pair of rockies. Man some how you can pack 20 pounds of A$$ into a 5 pound bag. When them things come off oh man you got spare parts laying all over the place. X

I remember when I was much younger, we used to play with dirt bikes. One of the guys I ran with had a pipe on his called a "kirker"(sp?) that looked just like this thing. It looked funny, but ran like a bat out of Hades. I'll be interested to see how this thing runs.

Originally posted by Fett
I remember when I was much younger, we used to play with dirt bikes. One of the guys I ran with had a pipe on his called a "kirker"(sp?) that looked just like this thing. It looked funny, but ran like a bat out of Hades. I'll be interested to see how this thing runs.

Dude I love kirker they are real sounding pipes ... Like Super traps bring the noise... Hey maybe thats why can't here worth a crap now... X

Wow ! Looks really wierd to me, but i wonder how good of a pipe it is ?