Applications for WD-40/ tips for use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kephasd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. Just wondering How you guys use WD-40 on your rigs? Also Pros and Cons. Thanks:)

its good for many things ...you can use it as after run oil ..helps remove moisture from your engine ....cleaning bearings and other things ....its not really a lubricant ...its made displace water (WD..water displacement ) ...but it does have a bit of lubricating properties ....I'm not sure if its safe for electronics

i believe it definitely not safe for electronics.....

It can be used to remove moisture from the ignition system of a Baja-5 series.

Makes the plastics on your RC look like new and makes cleanup a bit easier.

thanks for the info!

I'm sure ill be back soon with questions cause I'm pretty much a Noob.
Thanks again

any place that you only need lubrication for one minute.

I have filled drowned servo's that were dead from sinking in a boat or two and revived them with it, it's also supposed to attract fish if you spray it on your tackle lol.

if price is not an issue use kroil the magic oil

a long time ago I found that it's very good at completely clearing out oil filled diff cups. (If you're super anal about your viscosity being 100% pure)

Ya like ExtremeRCMods said, It works great on bringing electronics (servos and recievers) back to life after being submerged. It even brought back my Mamba Monster esc and saved me 150 bucks! :D

I used to use it to lube my engines. But i have switched to Marvel Mystery oil a while ago. I even run with a few drops in my fuel and havent had any problems. I'm even planning on trying some left over z max in my nitro fuel. I've got a few spare engines so if it screws with anything ill just replace and rebuild. This stuff is fun lol.

WD-40 is some pretty magic stuff. My two Traxxas friends use it religiously as after run oil. I personally rock the Blue Block in my motors but thinking about making the switch to WD. Less expensive and more abundant. The fact that it comes in a spray can is nice as well. Sometimes it's tough to get the Blue Block to drop right in the center of the cooling head through the head button hole. And if you have any kind of debris around the plug hole it can end up washing it in to the cylinder.

The way my buddies use it, they just load the hole damn motor up with WD-40 then flip it over and hit the EZ-Start for about 3 seconds and let it all spew out of the head button. Seems to work ok. haha

hay Racer 1966. what are points? LOL you can't be old enough to know what points are.