Anyone with Sportwerks .26 engine . . .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknbil

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What are you averaging for needle settings, temps?

Reason I ask is I got it running really well but it seems to run leaner than I'd like, I got excellent performance at 1/2 out on the LSN and 1.75 out on the HSN (over the factory 2/3.5.) Any richer than that on either setting and it wanted to load up and stall. 30% BT/med. plug.

Apologies to the owners of RCNT for taking so long to get to this (believe me it's been torture on me waiting,) but I finally got to break in the Mayhem this weekend. Pics to follow as well as my impression (for what it's worth.) This buggy is AWESOME. :D

Moved to appropriate forum.

Jon2

Can't say about the needle settings; I've lost track of mine from how the car came to me and I don't like closing the needles because I can't seem to tell when they are closed versions feeling the tensions from the o-rings.

For temperature, my .26 screams at 210F when its 80F outside. I pinch test after running for 5 minutes and it'll stall about at the 2 second mark with just slight increase in RPM (just like the manual says). It almost seems to sound like its going lean but I check the temps and it says the above.

Thx emu, funny thing about temps: using a raytec and it's pretty accurate (did all the tests) and if I try to read the glow plug I will get much cooler temps than anywhere else on the engine. It was breaking in at 190's-200's at the glow plug, but the exhaust manifold read as hot as 270. When I leaned it to get the temps up over 200, the manifold was reaching over 300.

Back