anyone tried a n slash tank instead of a violator??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was having a bit of a think this morning and came up with this , the nitro slash is 150cc and is low profile like its 75cc brother so what I was thinking that if the 75cc one fits and is really really good would the 150cc fix the capacity problem.
I have an old school 2.5 maxx that has retired from racing lol with an 18tm and the 75cc tank and out of any of my maxx based platforms holds a tune like a boss from top to empty.
if my theory is correct the 150cc should sit lower than the violator and actually be a cheaper mod and for the purist in me is a genuine item.
I'd love to hear some thoughts on this or some other tank suggestions cause the stock tank plain suck:D

I haven’t tried it or know anyone who has. If you can fit it to the chassis sure it will work but consider a few things 1st.

It’s a traxxas tank, not nearly as strong as the violator tank. Size, it’s a fairly long tank so fitment may be an issue. Does it have a built in fuel filter? (I’m not sure but I don’t think it does). How does it mount? Do you have to use the servo box and lid or does it have attachment legs/posts? Lid, the violator tank has a much better system than traxxas does and the pressure nipple is adjustable where the traxxas is not.

It would be cheap enough to give it a try, but if only saving a few $ I would choose the violator. I’ve tried a lot of different tanks and use to even build my own for the Maxx chassis and haven’t found one better suited (for my preference) than the Violator/LX One tank.

hmm I don't think it has a filter in built and I would guess it would mount the same way the older 75cc one would.
it has the same fittings as the smaller one also which isn't the end of the world I guess and the length is the only factor I can't work on as I don't have the measurements on hand and will need to order the tank before I can rule it out ,if the extra capacity is gained in the height its no problem but length may be.

Back