anyone running rpm bulkheads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaw85

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Was going to be getting aluminum but I seen these an wondered if they were any good

I don't care much for aluminum, I stick with the hard plastic RPM parts personally. Most of their parts are bullet proof and are made right here in the USA.

Go with plastic. The aluminum will bend and possibly take other parts with it whereas the plastic will break and you only have to replace the specific part.

Go with plastic. The aluminum will bend and possibly take other parts with it whereas the plastic will break and you only have to replace the specific part.

In most situations yes, but in this instance Quality aluminum bulkheads are one of the best upgrades you can do to a T/Emaxx.
A decent priced good no frills aluminum bulkhead would be ACNCM (American CNC Machining) 6061 bulks $50.00 or less a set F&R on ebay.

If you want the best stock style, GA 7075 bulks (Great Assembly) $150.00 per set F&R.
The only drawback with aluminum bulks is a little extra weight and you need to use e clip style hinge pins (not really a drawback as they are usually more durable anyway) unless your willing to put a couple stock pins in backwards.

I can guarantee if you bend/break a set of ACNCM bulks you will have way more to worry about than bulkheads. If you bend/break a GA bulk, You Da Man…

I run aluminum on the bulks an up the middle of the truck and keep rpm arms and plastic
body post, bumpers, mounts and skids. Last truck I had like that was hard to break.
I just seen the RPM bulkheads and thought they looked strong.
plus they have locknuts built in an I know that was a problem I had was screws backing out.

RPM bulks are strong, but there still plastic. The Hot racing bulks for the maxx trucks are really great bulks and they won't break the bank LOL!:hehe: I run mostly RPM bulks though. I have bent a couple chassis running the alum bulks plus broken off screws are a PITA to get out:angry: I always run alum chassis braces though. I know everyone hates on Integy but I have beaten the crap out of a set on a maxx rig and never bent them.

The hot racing bulks that have the access to get to diffs?
seems like they would be weak

The hot racing bulks that have the access to get to diffs?
seems like they would be weak

Nope not weak what so ever. I have bent my chassis before bending the Hot Racing bulks. I also run UE bulk braces also so maybe that's why. Everything I have tried by Hot Racing has been great products minus there crappy shocks.

Cool.thanks I was looking at there shocks to. Guess ill pass on those.

Cool.thanks I was looking at there shocks to. Guess ill pass on those.

I think I got like one run on the Hot Racing shocks before bending them and blowing the seals out. I would stay away from there shocks completely. The Traxxas big bore aluminum ones are a great upgrade.

Don't usually like integy but what about the ms8 shocks?

I pretty much threw the rpm catalog at the suspension on my max and have yet to break anything other than a hinge pin or two.

Yes the RPM stuff is really good to. The Integy shocks are not so good. I have run them on a Revo with good results after several bash sessions with them I thought for sure they would be junk. This was my face when they didn't break:whhooo: :hehe: But I would stay away from Inrtegy shocks for the Maxx. The Traxxas aluminum big blores are really good shocks.

I just switched to the big bores this past weekend and will agree with hulk, they are way better over the stock. You might want to change out the springs depending on your application. I paid $42.83 with free 2 day shipping on Amazon for the full set.

But I would stay away from Inrtegy shocks for the Maxx. The Traxxas aluminum big blores are really good shocks.

I second the motion.. I highly recommend these shocks if you're building a shelf queen, not for bashing. :hehe:

I just switched to the big bores this past weekend and will agree with hulk, they are way better over the stock. You might want to change out the springs depending on your application.

Switching the springs out is a must IMO. Ironically, Integy makes a good quality spring assortment compatible with the BB shocks.:\

Back