Anyone have some experience with these little carisma race buggies/rally car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Subaru looks sweet, but these days a NIHM battery seem like a step backwards. It's probably fine but for the money I would expect it to be LiPo compatible.

Agree on the slick subbie.

That Subaru looks sweet, but these days a NIHM battery seem like a step backwards. It's probably fine but for the money I would expect it to be LiPo compatible.
I hadnt looked into them that much. At least its brushless but saying that nihm and brushless dont go together well
Agree on the slick subbie.
It looks good but i perfer the hyundai https://hobbyhobby.com/product/430840/gt24-rs-1-24th-retro-micro-rally-car-ready-to-run/

😅😅😅😅😅 2s lipo.
But those are pretty neat. Wouldn't spend $200 neat. But neat!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-181114_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-181114_Chrome.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 36
that's basically what I think about the minis I never find a use for them
If it was a kyosho. I'd be all over it. Quality parts and name brand. But these off brands knockoffs. I just wouldn't spend much.. but I do agree. Anything smaller than 1/10 I'm not interested..

I've owned the truggy (GT24TR) and the buggy (GT24B) for a couple years now.

Handling

Maybe not the most precise, but very fun. They are lightweight and it translates to the driving experience. Fast acceleration, braking and turning.
The shocks are just springs so the car can be bouncy especially on rought terrain and at high speed (about 15kph on 1s / 25kph on 2s). They sell optionnal oil shocks now but I didn't try them out (all spare & option parts are listed on the official Carisma shop).
With the big tires of the truggy version and 2s power, you have a surprising amount of air control, which makes it an awesome stunt truck. I can easily perform backflips on jumps and even standing backflips (video).
The buggy will have a bit more stability and precision with its smaller wheels and shorter width, less stunt capabilities but more adapted to the track.

Power

1s is perfect for indoor fun. 2s is very punchy, a bit too much for indoor imo (depends of the size of your indoor of course).
The motor/esc are 2s compatible out of the box. These Turnigy Nano Tech are a perfect fit and cheap AF. Gives you about 15min of runtime.
I highly recommend to glue the slipper clutch. Greatly improves the acceleration and I've never had any issue or breakage in the drivetrain.

Durability

Never broke anything in the drivetrain as far as I can remember. My pinion gear, spur gear and diffs are still stock. Those are the benefits of a lightweight, all plastic plateform I guess.

The few issues I've exerienced :
  • The A-arms hinge pins tend to break on hard impact. Those parts are cheap, but if you glue a screw on the A-arm in place of the pins, you might never need to replace them again
  • Sometimes the wheel hub will pop out of the A-arm, easy fix, just pop it back in
  • When the two latter issues happen, the dog bones will fly away. I lost a couple ones. I recommend painting them in bright colors or put some tape or shrink tube on them to find them easily
  • If you bash hard like me, the spoiler won't last long (the plastic around the screws will snap), I suggest you strenghten it with tape right out of the box
  • The battery cover tends to come off when the body slaps on landings, I fixed this by taping it to the body
  • The wheel nuts are plastic and tend to get loose, I replaced them with metal nuts, way better
That's all I can think of right now, I you have any question I'll be happy to answer them!

Last edited:
Back