Anyone Build any Small Scale Crawler Dioramas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing to a hot wire wand. Basically you can build a wooden bow, connect the hot wire to each wire lead, and you are good to go. Heck, you can 3d print a new handle 😜
I am just having time management issues at the moment, the little time I have, I would prefer to spend working on my rc's and related stuff. but I will eventually get to fixing the old hot foam cutter. Right now it's to hot to hang out in the garage.

Still about 3-3/4" to go, but the half-pipe-rolly bridge is nearing completion. This half-pipe will be 15" long. Just have to print one more ring gear and one more rack gear after this to finish all the pieces, and those only take about 30 min each to print.

I have never ran my printer this fast before, so it is showing me some problems I have with my belts being a bit loose, which is causing all the lines. But I am really glad because it will help make this look more like an old crusty steel tank when I paint it. This would normally take around 24 hours at my normal settings. This is 7 hours in.
20210731_121656.jpg

Still about 3-3/4" to go, but the half-pipe-rolly bridge is nearing completion. This half-pipe will be 15" long. Just have to print one more ring gear and one more rack gear after this to finish all the pieces, and those only take about 30 min each to print.

I have never ran my printer this fast before, so it is showing me some problems I have with my belts being a bit loose, which is causing all the lines. But I am really glad because it will help make this look more like an old crusty steel tank when I paint it. This would normally take around 24 hours at my normal settings. This is 7 hours in.
View attachment 130330
That's so awesome 👌 came across this today figured I share it with you bud

That's so awesome 👌 came across this today figured I share it with you bud

That's pretty nice. I will be doing a traditional styrofoam base with hydrocal and plaster stone work with sculptamold terrain. I would prefer things are solid underneath (vs the egg crates and aluminum foil pans he used), because any time you happen to drop something on the layout, if it is hollow underneath things can crack.

I almost have the bridge ready for a test run. Waiting on some glue to dry to assemble everything.

Back