Any WPL Fanboys?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did... until I started stripping gears.

Any one like those 1:16 crawlers by WPL?
This inexpensive, little rig got me back into the hobby 3 years ago.
1121201335_HDR.jpg

There pretty good for the first few months, but then the stock motor goes out, and then it's all downhill from there.

Thats the same one I'm buying, how is it?
They work fine and are good fun. They are somewhere slightly better than toy grade in quality. Mine is still running and all original parts. I have to admit that I rarely run it, and only ran it daily for the first 4-5 months. It was enough to give me that rc crawling itch, that I progressed into 1/10 hobby grade rigs.
Just have fun with it and see where it leads you. Honestly, I enjoyed mine quite a bit initially.

I ordered one of the B36's last night so I'm pretty pumped... haven't had an RC since I was in middle school and thought it was affordable enough to have fun with to get me into it. Worst case scenario, I'll paint it up and plop It on a shelf after getting something fancier... I'll probably just upgrade it if I break stuff.
As long as it shows up and I get to cruise it down a few trails with my 3 boys (2, 4, 6y/o) then it will be more than worth $90 haha. Honestly I'd be surprised if my 2 year old doesn't get a hold of it and break it before anything internal breaks down.