any thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONSTERMASH

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am reintroducing myself and son to r/c. Have a couple of questions about r/c types. I know I will be getting a truck but not sure what type. I like the monster trucks butalso interested in the crawlers. What I wonder is how the crawlers are when not crawling. Are they fast enough to just bash around or is it going to be more like the speed of one of the cheap r/c's out there? Also, How are they for just tooling around? Any opinions might help.
Thanks....

well i dont own a crawler but i hear the top speed is around 7 to 10 mph so i dont think bashing is a option.

I wouldn't imagine they'd have good top speed but what about with a gear change? Just want something kind of versatile.

If you want something versatile get something like a new E Maxx, it is 4WD so it will go lots of places has good ground clearance, and with a couple of 7 cell 5000 mah packs you will have lots of speed and drive time, then later on you can upgrade to a brushless HV ESC and motor for even more speed and less maintenance, if you put spools front and rear it will go just about any where, here is a link to mine which is the older version but it will give you an idea as to what you can do with these things, mine is set up for a little of both bashing and crawling https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59801

Thanks for the input. Ileaning toward monster truck but checking everything out first. More asphalt than dirt around me but not sure if I want on-road. Last truck I had was a Kyosho nitro power but it's been a FEW years. I have always had nitro in the past so I'll probably go that route. If it works don't fix it. But I could go EP down the road.