Any thoughts of the hot bodies lightning GT?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman26

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My hot bodies Lightning GT will be in at the end of the week. I was just looking for a heads up. BOOYA :fro:

One thought. I want one. I dig the truggies. just an improvement to the MT class.

GT is different than the lsp, close but different.

not sure y they came out w/it. wondered if they worried bout truggy rules. but there will be a 1/8th 4wd stadium truck class now.

-Ult

Awww man. I want it to stay mt struck. The reason I'm building my prospec truggy is to kick some revo ass!

HEHE, kick Revo ass, I like the sound of that.lol Now I NEED to regear my truggy, MT wheels will kill my shoes.....

What do you mean kill your shoes?

I had that issue but I dropped my gear ratio and threw in a high revving mill like th efantom .27.....much better than worrying if your tires will be legal or not....gearing is the key to building a kick ass truggy......I heard the LSP did a gear reduction in the diffs....anyone hear of this?

This is true. All they guys that built their native racing kits are waiting for hotbodies to have some parts so they can regear theirs.

that's who I got the info from originally...one of the team guys is a local at mills pond...nice guy, very informative....I've picked his brain on a few options for my truggy....usually steers me back to the K.I.S.S. method and use pre made parts instead of making my own...LOL....I'm a typical engineer..."I can do it better than they did it" mentality....

Are the Lightning trucks better than the savage and revo in performance and durability?

IMO the savage is the tank...I've seen guys run them into the ground...throw em in a truck and leave it there for days, pull it out and start it back up and beat it some more....not saying it ran great that way but it always seems to run

My lightning GT came in today. I'll first be taking it appart to get dimentions of parts and then the fun will begin. Theweather here really hasn't been cooperating so I'll just have to make due. Although its killing me just sitting there.

Pics! Pics! Pics! While its just seitting around, mine as well take some pics for us! :D

I'll have to see What I can do with the pics My camara is really not vert good.
In words this is my first impression:

I have to say my first impression is WOW everything looks great. Of course you know me I'll fine something to make better shock towers, steering connector, center topplate and front chassis brace, you know the usual.

The servos even impressed me T/B is fast and seems to be consistant. The dual steering servos just flop the Massive tires around, there over an inch taller than my bowties, thats how they are getting more ground clearance. The shocks appear nice, although I havent taken them appart yet. All In all it seems very well built.

more later BOOYA :fro:

Well for right now I have the much loved "lol" Revo...But I think if I ever buy another non-traxxas MT that the Hot Bodies might be the one I pick up...Something about the looks of it I really like. Somebody make a bashing or track video of one ASAP!!!!!! Something good, not just driving it up and down the street.

I would highly recomend the lightning GT. I havent even had a chance to start it but its just plain COOL :dancin: And with vert few mods you can have the stadium truck that so many are waiting for. BOOYA:fro:

Nitroman26.....Come on man, make a video...I'm dieing to see one in action.

I'm just breaking it in today, I'm actually letting it cool right now. I'll do my best. If the weather holds here I'll be at the track this saturday.BOOYA:fro:

Back