Any law people?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfola212

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My parents are getting a divorce, and my mom is always saying "the judge will say you can only see your dad twice a mont" and all this bs. She said we can't ever see him, she doesn't want him in the house HE BOUGHT, she doesn't want him near the house, and she would call the cops. Could he be arrested for any of this? My mom says so. And whats the average amount of time that a dad/mom can see their kids a month in a divorce?

Smurfola..

She Might have a restrianing order on him. That would not let him near the house. The judge will set a parenting plan, that is a leagal plan that states The times that you dad has to have the siblings. But there is no "real" minimum amount of times that your dad can see you. It is all about the parents, and how well they will work together. I am not with my sons mom either. And we work well together. Even though I was a butt head. It is alot nicer and easer for the children if the parents work together so the child is not put in the middle.
It is tramatising enough. Not to mention all the bs that comes in the future.

Oh..... How old are you???? Cause that matters too. The judge sometimes askes the children there opinion too. i.e. Which of the parents would you like to live with??

I'm a YOUNG teen, My mom doesn't have a restraint onm my dad. I have been stuck in their fights for sooo long. My mom and dad fight alot, my mom and sister fight and I'm always stuck in the middle. I have broken down 3 times due to the stress at home and school. If the judge does ask me what parent i want to live with and i can't choose what happens?
Smurf

Last edited:
That is all up to you. You have to look at the big picture. Not who is going to give you the most or buy you stuff to make you stay, nut who is going to show you the respect and love.

Teen? above 15?? Cause it depends on were you live. You have the leagle choice of which parent you live with. I hate the foster parent idea

I have been in the same, or maybe not but my parents had the same problem. I went to live with my grandparents.

If I had not I know I would not be here today. i probably would be in jail or something.

At this point in time you have to look out for you. It sucks to be in the middle of all the sheit!!! Do you have any close family??

please keep in mind several things smurf. 1. it sucks. we all know it, my parents are divorced, and the majority of kids here under the age of 35 porbably grew up in a single family home. 2. if there is true physical violence, or severe mental torture, thats one thing, but for the most part - which ever parent is yelling at u the most, is gonna be the parent that cares the most, lol. i know this isnt always true, but its a funny rule of thumb. 3. if your parents are living fairly close, what i have seen as the norm varies from 1 to 2 weekends a month for visitation. 4. More often than not, the court will rule on the mothers side as far as custody goes. if u are older than 15 or 16, u may have a say in this matter, but if u are only 12 -13yo, the court, or parents will decide for u. i know this sucks, but keep in mind, most of the time it is for the better. i would much rather live in a single parent family that is happy, than a dual parent family that is miserable.

please keep in mind, that these are just my opinions.

thats some heavy shi% dude. Sorry bout that drama. Have you told your mom you dont want it to be like that? Did you ask her does she even care what you have to say about it?

3. if your parents are living fairly close, what i have seen as the norm varies from 1 to 2 weekends a month for visitation. 4. More often than not, the court will rule on the mothers side as far as custody goes. if u are older than 15 or 16, u may have a say in this matter, but if u are only 12 -13yo, the court, or parents will decide for u. i know this sucks, but keep in mind, most of the time it is for the better. i would much rather live in a single parent family that is happy, than a dual parent family that is miserable.

please keep in mind, that these are just my opinions. [/B][/QUOTE]
Sh:censored: The idea of having to see 1 of my parent once every weekend is horrible. And I probably wont have a say in the divorce at all. 1 of my parents lives in a diff city...not that far tho. My mom goes cr8z alot, but I dont want to leave her, but my dad is so cool too. I dunno what to do..

-Smurf

i'll be the first to say that it is harder on the kid than it is for the parents.i'm divorced & my parents were also.my son was hit the hardest but it will all work out in do time and things will get better just rember right from wrong and things will work out.it will take time.

Back