any aftermarket pipes out?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashedxj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
what all are you guys using as far as pipes? anything out that will give better performance than the stock resonator pipe on the 3.3? I'm lookin for power and louder is always nice. What can make the 3.3 sound like a big block? opinions and pics please.

The resonator pipe that comes on the 3.3's is matched to the engine pretty well. I've heard that drilling out the stinger helps a bit. I did it to my 2.5 Maxx and it helped the bottom end. Don't do this to yours until somebody chimes in with some facts. I had the stock, plastic pipe on mine. Didn't much matter if I ruined it!

me too i want some info.
at a local hobby shop called. ultimate hobbies they have a ton of pipes 50% off. so i would like to know what to look for. i seen a stinger for the tmaxx for 24 bucks.

An aftermarket pipe will move the power around more so than make more power. The resonator's "tuned" to the 3.3. My bud played around with pipes on his Maxx for the first year or so that he had it. You can probably guess what pipe he ended up leaving on in it. The resonator worked best by far. He tried different pipes from a few different companies, all for engines with similar displacements. The resonator won hands down.

me too i want some info.
at a local hobby shop called. ultimate hobbies they have a ton of pipes 50% off. so i would like to know what to look for. i seen a stinger for the tmaxx for 24 bucks.

A stinger is the little tube the exhaust exits the pipe from.