Ansmann Hogzilla

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirky65

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have got my old ansmann hogzilla out after putting it away after what i think i remember there was no drive and am almost sure the problem was from the centre diff, i have managed to get her started but i have no control of the revs its revving its head off and when in applying the brake the carb opens?? The carb doesn't open when applying throttle either and the truck stays put whilst its screaming its head off?? I recently ordered a new centre diff but don't understand why i can't control the revs??
Any advise is apppreciated guys..

Regards
Kirk

Welcome to RCNT and welcome back to the hobby!

That really sounds like a radio system problem. Be it a TX/Rx issue or a servo issue, I don't know.

Welcome to RCNT and welcome back to the hobby!

That really sounds like a radio system problem. Be it a TX/Rx issue or a servo issue, I don't know.

ye cheers for the reply rooky78, i tried changing the controller to an old hpi one i had,, changed chips from receiver then changed them back when i noticed it wasn't working,, i tried the hpi as it was more basic than the hogzilla one as i haven't used it for a long time and had forgotten how to navigate the lcd options? is it possible i put chip back in wrong way round?

Kirk

Last edited:
Ro the best of my knowledge as long as you put the TX Crystal in the TX an RX in RX, it should work.

Cheers cbaker65
But it's over revving and the carb isn't open as it would normally be but yet it opens when applying the brake

Yip the TX and RX are in place Rooky78 I just though maybe the crystal was in wrong way round on truck as I believe it can go in anyway round thanks again m8

Having tinkered around with throttle brake linkage it looks like the throttle servo is turning wrong way when opening throttle its almost as if i need to turn the servo around but that is not possible any more advise guys have attached an image :thumbs-up:
Thanks so far guys
Kirky

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 242
Couldn't find a servo reverse on transmitter Caretaker109:(
But what i did do was select the model on transmitter that i edited to the name FUD :D and now problem sorted thanks again all your guys on here glad i joined :ofnabuggy:
CHEERS

KIRKY:):)

Yea ,I have that Flysky radio an when I change cars to run ,I have to go in an redo my
servo reversing,Its not like a old school transmitter ,I have to push several buttons
to reprogram it.
I didmt understand your ? ,But glad you got it sorted out!...:thumbs-up:

@kirky65 Can you post some more pics? I've never heard of a Ansmann Hogzilla. Sounds interesting.

Yea ,I have that Flysky radio an when I change cars to run ,I have to go in an redo my
servo reversing,Its not like a old school transmitter ,I have to push several buttons
to reprogram it.
I didmt understand your ? ,But glad you got it sorted out!...:thumbs-up:
Ye cheers, a put it away a couple of years ago and I'm a bit of a novice, had an hpi before the hogzilla the transmitter was a bit more basic mate!!

Very cool, reminds me of the old Kyosho Nitro Crusher and TTR EK-4.
I'm guessing this truck was a modified version of an Ansmann 1/8 buggy?
Are you able to locate replacement parts for this truck?

Last edited:
Looks nice, have fun with it :)
Very cool, reminds me of the old Kyosho Nitro Crusher and TTR EK-4.
I'm guessing this truck was a modified version of an Ansmann 1/8 buggy?
Are able to locate replacement parts for this truck?
Possibly i got it for about £250 about 4 years ago I had an hpi Rush Evo before and couldn't afford hpi savage, parts are becoming thin on the ground Sri remote control site are the only one that I can find that have limited parts left,,
:thumbs-up: