Another Rock Rey Jumping Video!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

King of Bling
Reaction score
First time running it with all the upgrades. It sure can take a beating! The biggest disappointment is that the new wheels/dual stage foams and tires prevent me from doing a backflip. I tried one early in the video and you will see the results, lol!

Great video, that looks like an awesome bash rig

It's a lot of fun and different enough from my Arrma rigs to make it interesting. Once the weather gets warmer I am going to look for some new areas to blast it around in.

I hear ya on the warmer weather, we haven’t used our trucks in almost 3 weeks. Lots of rain and snow here in the Sierra Nevada mountains. They are already to go though

Came here expecting a "Damnit!" but sure enough that thing jumps nice. Tires don't seem to balloon much. I dig the look of it and have one on my wishlist. I'd surely get one just to keep some variety in my collection and for the look of the full roll cage design.

Came here expecting a "Damnit!" but sure enough that thing jumps nice. Tires don't seem to balloon much. I dig the look of it and have one on my wishlist. I'd surely get one just to keep some variety in my collection and for the look of the full roll cage design.

I did botch a few of the jumps and I really wish it would backflip. It has to be the new tires and foams that are preventing it. The old tires were super soft and the foam was really mushy and light. The dual stage foams are mostly closed cell so no expansion. The Proline Hyrax tires are a lot firmer too. I jumped the pinion up 2 teeth so I thought the additional wheel speed would do it. I think I may need to change the punch settings. I had it set pretty low because the diff cups were plastic and rather small. But I upgraded all the diff cups to aluminum and even went with an aluminum diff bulkhead up front and an aluminum 3rd member for the rear. I shouldn't have to worry about blowing out a diff. Next time I have it apart I will change the punch and see how it goes!

I did botch a few of the jumps and I really wish it would backflip. It has to be the new tires and foams that are preventing it. The old tires were super soft and the foam was really mushy and light. The dual stage foams are mostly closed cell so no expansion. The Proline Hyrax tires are a lot firmer too. I jumped the pinion up 2 teeth so I thought the additional wheel speed would do it. I think I may need to change the punch settings. I had it set pretty low because the diff cups were plastic and rather small. But I upgraded all the diff cups to aluminum and even went with an aluminum diff bulkhead up front and an aluminum 3rd member for the rear. I shouldn't have to worry about blowing out a diff. Next time I have it apart I will change the punch and see how it goes!
Does seem like it could take some more punch imo. It's a great looking rig for sure and unique to all my stuff. My old man would probably enjoy the look of it too and I still try to get him interested in the hobby as he's a vehicle enthusiast.

That slo mo is amazing

I filmed it at 1080p with a 240 fps frame rate. Editing it is a pain because the sound is always way ahead of the video and it gets confusing. I am not sure if that is because of my lack of processing power or what. But if I want super smooth slow motion I always shoot at 240 fps.

I filmed it at 1080p with a 240 fps frame rate. Editing it is a pain because the sound is always way ahead of the video and it gets confusing. I am not sure if that is because of my lack of processing power or what. But if I want super smooth slow motion I always shoot at 240 fps.
Very helpful info for me. I want to be able to do the slow motion stuff but still havent pulled the trigger and bought the right software yet. I failed at attempting to give it a full test with a torrent grabber..... please don't shoot me, guys. I always pay for software otherwise.

Very helpful info for me. I want to be able to do the slow motion stuff but still haven't pulled the trigger and bought the right software yet. I failed at attempting to give it a full test with a torrent grabber..... please don't shoot me, guys. I always pay for software otherwise.

@olds97_lss does some nice slo mo and I think he films at 120 fps. I am not 100% sure. I have tried 120 fps and it comes out good, but it's just quite as smooth as the 240. The Hero 6 Black can't do 240 fps in any resolution higher than 1080p. I haven't even tried out 4k yet.

@olds97_lss does some nice slo mo and I think he films at 120 fps. I am not 100% sure. I have tried 120 fps and it comes out good, but it's just quite as smooth as the 240. The Hero 6 Black can't do 240 fps in any resolution higher than 1080p. I haven't even tried out 4k yet.
I have a GoPro Session and a Note 8 with a good camera. Also this mount on my Tactic radios that can hold either....similar to that UK guy Kevin Talbot's setup. I'll buy a better action cam if I can just motivate to edit the videos I grab here and there. It's a wall I'm facing. When I'm not good at something, I give it a specific, undetermined amount of energy and then give it up. lol. Then I read and learn and try again but usually takes time. Work has been busy and no days off enough to focus just yet. After hunting season, I'll have more time away from work. /procrastination - I'm very good at it. :eek:

I have a GoPro Session and a Note 8 with a good camera. Also this mount on my Tactic radios that can hold either....similar to that UK guy Kevin Talbot's setup. I'll buy a better action cam if I can just motivate to edit the videos I grab here and there. It's a wall I'm facing. When I'm not good at something, I give it a specific, undetermined amount of energy and then give it up. lol. Then I read and learn and try again but usually takes time. Work has been busy and no days off enough to focus just yet. After hunting season, I'll have more time away from work. /procrastination - I'm very good at it. :eek:

I am pretty computer literate for an old guy, but the software I use to edit is pretty easy. If you end up getting it I can talk you through basic editing.

This is so funny to read about all the awesome cameras you have for video, and my dumb ass doesn’t even know how to post a still picture! Let alone a video!

This is so funny to read about all the awesome cameras you have for video, and my dumb ass doesn’t even know how to post a still picture! Let alone a video!

I was using an iPad (an older one too!) up until a month ago, lol. The action camera makes it much easier to film, that's for sure.

My son has the new latest and greatest expensive go pro whatever, he has mounts on everything, all his helmets, bike and dirt bike, one on my Jeep, on the collar of our dog and his outcast. The video quality is amazing.

My son has the new latest and greatest expensive go pro whatever, he has mounts on everything, all his helmets, bike and dirt bike, one on my Jeep, on the collar of our dog and his outcast. The video quality is amazing.

And you can't ask him how to post up a picture?! :D

First time running it with all the upgrades. It sure can take a beating! The biggest disappointment is that the new wheels/dual stage foams and tires prevent me from doing a backflip. I tried one early in the video and you will see the results, lol!

Sweet, that thing looks like a lot of fun.

Back