Pennsylvania Another great Friday at Pit Stop!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I got my first win! Before you get excited there was very little competition haha. It was a small turnout because the weather was iffy. It was only me and two true beginners in the sportsman class. So it was more like practice runs than actually racing but that’s fine with me. I got my PB consistency at 95.3%! I was really able to dial in a few of the turns that I traditionally struggle with. My nemesis, the far left corner I still miss the apex more often than not but I just have a hell of a time seeing it. Maybe I need stronger glasses.

13.5 4wd buggy I came in last in all the qualifiers but winning wasn’t my goal there. I let the pack go and my goal was run smooth and stay on the lead lap. I did get lapped by the leader in a couple races but I was able to hold onto it once! I’ll call that a win. Again, low turnout so I played my cards differently.

I’ll probably take the same approach next Saturday in the 1st round and see how it goes. I'm guessing it’ll be a better turnout because it’s a Saturday so it might be better to just send it with the group. We’ll see!

95.3, pretty good!
4 of my racing friends from the local carpet track, was up in Shippensburg (Shippensburg RC / Gs RC Raceway) for some e truggy / e buggy, and a few nitro. Looks like it is an hour from Pit Stop. (Wonder if they made a pit stop at Pit Stop 😂 )
Eventually, I wanna check out the Factory in York, and 997 in Waynesboro, and First State in north DE. There is DRP but its like way way up there in PA, like a 3 hour drive from me.

One of my newer racing friends that just started offroad, he wanted to go with them up to Gs, he was surprised how far it is, and they leave here (Baltimore) to drive up there around 6AM. Pretty long day.

Just found out there is a small (privately owned) backyard 1/8 track in Hanover (Maryland not PA, lol) don't know the address yet, looks about a few miles from the local carpet track, gonna check that track out one day. But first I gotta get a set of dirt tires for all 3 of the cars. What tires do you use at Pit Stop? I know nothing about dirt. Also going to visit Bryan Davies at some point. He is in Port Deposit. Mostly 1/8 but he will do 1/10 once in a while .

95.3, pretty good!
4 of my racing friends from the local carpet track, was up in Shippensburg (Shippensburg RC / Gs RC Raceway) for some e truggy / e buggy, and a few nitro. Looks like it is an hour from Pit Stop. (Wonder if they made a pit stop at Pit Stop 😂 )
Eventually, I wanna check out the Factory in York, and 997 in Waynesboro, and First State in north DE. There is DRP but its like way way up there in PA, like a 3 hour drive from me.

One of my newer racing friends that just started offroad, he wanted to go with them up to Gs, he was surprised how far it is, and they leave here (Baltimore) to drive up there around 6AM. Pretty long day.

Just found out there is a small (privately owned) backyard 1/8 track in Hanover (Maryland not PA, lol) don't know the address yet, looks about a few miles from the local carpet track, gonna check that track out one day. But first I gotta get a set of dirt tires for all 3 of the cars. What tires do you use at Pit Stop? I know nothing about dirt. Also going to visit Bryan Davies at some point. He is in Port Deposit. Mostly 1/8 but he will do 1/10 once in a while .
Yea you should come check it out sometime. It’s a cool track and I discovered this weekend that there’s a bunch of good food around. At the end of October the track closes for the winter and they’re all Saturday day races. I intend to be at all of them. The. I need to find a carpet track closer to me. There’s one in jersey I want to check out called Jersey Racing Promotions they do 1/10 off-road on Fridays. There’s on in Pottstown too called Park Lane Hobbies that I’ve gone and looked at but they haven’t got the jumps built yet. Been all on road and Mini Z so far.

But first I gotta get a set of dirt tires for all 3 of the cars. What tires do you use at Pit Stop?
I missed this the first time around… I run J Concepts Sprinters. I was on blues but switched to greens on Friday and noticed a big improvement. When the track is less than ideal (really wet or really dusty) I have a set of Blockades I throw on the rear and they seem to help a lot in adverse conditions.

Are you going to pitstop tomorrow night?

I’m hoping to get off work early and go up. Looks like the rest of the weekend is going to be a washout

Back