another day- another shared sky...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good evening to all-
so the wind was low and the sun was shining this afternoon, so I took my little blue P-51 microwarbird down to the flying field, made a smooth scale looking take off, and got up to altitude. did a few loops and rolls and then I saw that I had a partner in the sky. this time it was a Mississippi kite- a lovely graceful bird of prey which is very common in these parts during summer. this kite appeared to be curious about my plane and we flew in formation for quite a long time. We'd circle and dive and when I looped, the bird would back off and look as if to say, "Now, how did you do THAT?
We flew for quite a long while- as such things are measured in the micro rc plane world-and then the kite flew off east to chase some small bird or lizard for supper, I expect. I wish him luck.
I brought the little P-51 back to the landing road and made a fair- not great- landing.

I do so enjoy spending time flying with the real masters of the air.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Love reading your little adventures. You're going to have to hire a photographer to illustrate these for us 😜