another day- another landing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-

Last time I flew my little microwarbirds, that would be day before yesterday- I could not land one to save my soul. winds weren't bad, conditions were calm and I was flying the little planes which I can usually put right down on the pavement and roll to a stop, Not this day- I kept bringing them in and stalling them and crashing or slamming them in way too hard. I finally got discouraged and took myself and my little planes home.

Today, I took a couple of planes down to the field, took off from the roadway, flew around and did some pretty complicated- for me, at least- aerobatics. then I lined up approach and base turn and final and ya'll, I greased both landings like I knew what I was doing. both little planes came in and settled perfectly.

I do believe I'm going to forget the previous day's landings and remember the smooth landings of today.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

I have been thinking of getting a starter plane. I have a drone Q500. Just not the same, as a plane. Any ideas? As how to start? Thanks. Mike.

Good afternoon to all

Turbo 27- I have flown several drones and I enjoy my Mini 2 drones a lot.

I tried the small rc planes, and I have had a lot of fun. If I were to recommend a starter plane, i would put any of the microwarbird T-28 trainers as some of the best fliers in this group of small rc planes. You can get a T-28 by eochine or Rage or other companies on ebay for right at $100- sometimes quite a bit less. This would be a good starter plane, controller, batteries and charger.

Now, be aware that flying these little planes is much different from flying a drone. Most folks would say that it is much harder than flying a drone. and you will crash- expect it. However, these little microwarbirds are vey tough and they usually don't break too badly and can be repaired easily.

And I think learning to fly the rc planes will make you a better drone pilot.

Good afternoon to all

Turbo 27- I have flown several drones and I enjoy my Mini 2 drones a lot.

I tried the small rc planes, and I have had a lot of fun. If I were to recommend a starter plane, i would put any of the microwarbird T-28 trainers as some of the best fliers in this group of small rc planes. You can get a T-28 by eochine or Rage or other companies on ebay for right at $100- sometimes quite a bit less. This would be a good starter plane, controller, batteries and charger.

Now, be aware that flying these little planes is much different from flying a drone. Most folks would say that it is much harder than flying a drone. and you will crash- expect it. However, these little microwarbirds are vey tough and they usually don't break too badly and can be repaired easily.

And I think learning to fly the rc planes will make you a better drone pilot.

Thanks for the info. I will look into that. Mike

That video was so fun. Problem is I have a Mac book air. I think it only works of a PC. $200. not bad for learning. Vs crashing a model. :rolex:
Might call Power Hobbies. They will know.

Last edited: