Another computer build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The card readers that I have used in the past plug into an unused USB header on the motherboard.

flm, hamz, YOU da MEN!

I took pics of the plugs, knowing they were for the card reader, then took pics of the unused USB headers. 2 rows, 9 pins. That's what threw me.
Pretty funny when I realized I didn't have a card reader to retrieve the pics. :hehe:

I was about to go the scenic route and load them into my laptop when I decided to try the reader I had taken out of the old comp. Got it. It works, and now I also know where the separate ground pin goes.

Kudos to both of you!

No problem. That's what I went to school for a year to learn.

I needed to print some pics from a flash drive, and the light would come on but it couldn't find the reader. After screwing around with it for a while I finally inserted the card upside down and it worked. It's built into the case that way.

Update

Okay, here she is, and just like the Bling Thing Savvy I don't know if I'm done yet. I know I'll be going for an i5, but for now I'm good to go.

All new desktop
C31.jpg

Opened up and waiting for UPS
C21.jpg

Doubled the memory to 16Gb
C1-16Gb.jpg

Pardon the finger prints, but I just closed it up. I'll be waxing it in a few minutes. :D
Sentry LX fan controller and monitor. How cool is that?
C4.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the desktop background thats cool.

This is what the original photo was but I resized some gadgets on it.
It loads to what you see, then the gauge and the clock starts in a few seconds.

Desktop1.jpg

Nice, And i still havent figured out how to get the RCNT as my icon, i finally gave up.....was drivin me bonkers:hehe:

OMG, clean that desktop. Your desktop is to cluttered. :)

A clean desktop is the sign of a sick mind..........

Holy crap, I'm going to have an aneurysm. haha

How are you liking the new PC thus far?

As for my build, after adding the SSD to my laptop and with 16GB of ram coming for my laptop - my needs are perfectly meet with the laptop, and I must say my home lab is wicked quick now. That and I was nearly about to pull the trigger but it didn't make sense to spend so much money with Ivy Bridge on the verge of being released.

Ha! You guys are to much. Nice and clean, that's the only way to go. :D

Ivy Bridge from what I've heard thus far is scheduled to be out Q2 2012 the dates I've seen is around April 29th.

-Michael

Finally pulled the trigger on a new computer build. Received the parts yesterday and got Windows up and running last night. I must say, booting from a SSD is insane. From pushing the power button to desktop is about 15 seconds.

Back