another carb question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou069

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi I'm having a issu with my high speed needle and before i completly take it out i jsut wanted advice... when i set it properly and the engine revs in litterly unscrews 2-3 turns n the engine hase a hard time reving becaue it is to rich... could it be the seal that is broken so it is loser then normal ??? please advice me thanks you very much

There's an o-ring or two inside and it sounds like they're not doing their job. Just take the HSN off take it apart and inspect. Replace the o-ring(s). Easy to do. You can seal the HSN with some high temp RTV but be really careful cause there isn't a lot of room for the sealant and you wouldn't want bits of it getting into your carb and wreaking havoc. If you're sure you can be really precise with applying the RTV in a thin bead, go for it.

The spots to seal are the contact points of the various pieces of the needle valve its self and where it contacts the carb body.

There's an o-ring or two inside and it sounds like they're not doing their job. Just take the HSN off take it apart and inspect. Replace the o-ring(s). Easy to do. You can seal the HSN with some high temp RTV but be really careful cause there isn't a lot of room for the sealant and you wouldn't want bits of it getting into your carb and wreaking havoc. If you're sure you can be really precise with applying the RTV in a thin bead, go for it.

The spots to seal are the contact points of the various pieces of the needle valve its self and where it contacts the carb body.
I've tryed changing the seal and it is still as lose in it turn really easy... i still have 2 working carbs from a .28 ill check and see if they fit on the .25

I've tryed changing the seal and it is still as lose in it turn really easy... i still have 2 working carbs from a .28 ill check and see if they fit on the .25
if they fit would that even work since theyre not same force engines ??

if they fit would that even work since theyre not same force engines ??
As long as it fits snug in the carb neck on the engine should be good to go.

of corse couldnt be easy and it doesn't fit lmfao... thats the hobby i guess .. but i undid all of my carb cleaned it wit hcarb cleaner put it back together n its good now i guess were the hsn was it was to much lubbed probobly by the gas or maybe the air filter leaked on it when i was putting it back on or off... any ways none the less it works now n doesn't unscrew anymore woohooo loll :p

Back