Almost killed it 2day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXTREME1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
WELL THE GUYS AND ME WENT OUT TODAY FOR SOME EXTREME BASHING AND JUMPED IT OFF A 20 FT. DIRT PILE AND BOOM BABY THE REAR DIFF,BOTH DRIVE SHAFTS,REAR MAIN DRIVE SHAFT!BUT THE JUMP WAS B.A.!!THINK I'M GOING ALL STEEL CV'S,MAINS,SPOOLING THE REAR.
DON'T KNOW BOUT SPOOLING THE FRONT???ANY SUGG.?:first_place::whhooo::angry:BUT THE FRONT WAS GIVING IT HELL LOL...

Spools are horrible for anything other than very loose surfaces and will almost always break. You will be much better off with a standard diff and some very thick diff fluid or even a product called diff lock fluid if you want an almost locked diff.

I can't imagine simply jumping off a 20ft jump did all of that destruction. My normal bashing spot has several jumps that are about 15-20ft and I have hit them for months and have blown one diff on my revo. Everything else that has broken has been suspension related not driveline. It sounds like your slipper was way too tight or even just locked down solid.

In reference to spools I have found that for Traxxas products most will handle only 2s in electrics.The improvement in traction is considerable but they just can't handle the torque of a 11.1v. I ran several different manufacturers in a stampede and slash but 3s always snapped the spool near the hole for the axle pin. Great for crawling but not so much for high power/speed. At least double the traction at low speed though. I hope this helps.

WELL THE GUYS AND ME WENT OUT TODAY FOR SOME EXTREME BASHING AND JUMPED IT OFF A 20 FT. DIRT PILE AND BOOM BABY THE REAR DIFF,BOTH DRIVE SHAFTS,REAR MAIN DRIVE SHAFT!BUT THE JUMP WAS B.A.!!THINK I'M GOING ALL STEEL CV'S,MAINS,SPOOLING THE REAR.
DON'T KNOW BOUT SPOOLING THE FRONT???ANY SUGG.?:first_place::whhooo::angry:BUT THE FRONT WAS GIVING IT HELL LOL...

I wouldn't spool anything!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Spool or locker for maybe sand dunes only, anything other than you're asking to bend and break stuff. But must've been a sight to see! :D

was thinking of just spooling the rear.but now think i'm gonna fill the diffs. with heavy wt oil.yeah wishn i'd had the camcorder going.

Back