almost got ripeed off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter1255

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well I took my rc10gt on saturday to the hobby shop cause there was something wrong wtih the carbertor I couldn't get the car to idle. well one of the guys came and helped me out he looked at it and said that i had stripped the carberator and it would cost me 40$ for a new one. I was like WHAT!!!!but i stayed ther for like a minute or 2 just standing ther and another guy had came, and he looked at it and fixed my problem. it was a good thing he came or i would of bought a new 40$ carb wen it wasn't needed. I was reliefed!!

so what are you going to do? ae you going to go back?
did you talk to anyone there like the manager or the owner?

They(lhs) complain that to many people go on line to buy products and RC's. Well, that is a good reason why. :loser:

just curious, what was the problem and how did they fix it?

well the carberator screw was not going all the way in so it would not let the tires of my car stop and lit it idle. so one guy came he turned the car on, but the srew would not turn in all the way and took it back in side messed with it for like 3 min and said that it was stripped, and a new one would cost me
40$, another guy came then he started messing with it, he took the screw out and took the little sping off and put it bak on adjusted the throttle for me and BAM it was fine.

The thing is that the store is small and 3 peole only work there so the guy that fixed it for me had known that the other guy said I had needed a new one.

Could have been an honest mistake by the first guy. Perhaps he overlooked something or has less experience than the second guy. How has service been in the past? Hopefully it is not a case of them trying to rip you off.

nevnitro said:
They(lhs) complain that to many people go on line to buy products and RC's. Well, that is a good reason why. :loser:
i found that here also...both my trucks and my buggy get their stuff from the "net",i still go to the LHS for fuel and plugs and some small things but when i walk in there and say i want to know about putting LST shocks on my savage and they say...why?..it doesn't work,LST shocks bend easy.....so instead of argueing or trying to sway them...i go online and buy away.As for that guy telling you that you need a new carb?..not to sure what his plan was because that will not bring in to many customers by miss diagnostiscs....

Last edited:
I think it was a mistake but if the other guy would not of checked it I would of been ripped off and 40$ out of my pocket.

I don't care who you are, 40 bones is still 40 bones, and to some of us that means more than it does to others! People do make mistakes, it's just human nature, lucky for you the other guy was there to spot the prob and help out....you're never to old to learn something new, or to be reminded of something you may have forgotten. I'd say you ought to go find the second guy and buy him a beer with the 40 he saved you LOL!

Skeeter, What LHS do you go to?
I know of a good one with knowledgeable people working there, myself included....

Road Rage said:
I'd say you ought to go find the second guy and buy him a beer with the 40 he saved you LOL!

Well thats kinda not possible since om only 15

also I went to a hobby shop down in the naples area dont live down there just went to one there,

And aslo plaidfish were is your hobby shop located at.

skeeter1255 said:
Well thats kinda not possible since om only 15 QUOTE] :eek:pps: Yea I guess that makes it a bit difficult now don't it!

check out SoutEast RC on Copans and Powerline....little far from you but definately worth it...Warricks is a little closer and has good products/prices but it's hit or miss on th equality of help you'll get...

Plaidfish said:
check out SoutEast RC on Copans and Powerline....little far from you but definately worth it...Warricks is a little closer and has good products/prices but it's hit or miss on th equality of help you'll get...

Your Part of southeast Rc, well hey I have been there, thats best hobby shop there is in south florida... everywere else is terrible. warrics is ok but ussually never have the pieces I am looking for. But when I go to southeast RC you guys have everything. I recently last week whent and bought a new motor from you guys, the Os .18 rtr for my GT. and thats were I bought the gt also.

Your store is great its worth going that far just for your service.

Do you need a new FlamShooter valve too? If I had a buck everytime my FlamShooter Valve broke & I needed a new one, I'd bee a rich man.

Man, here in northern VA, all the hobby shops are thieves.. I can't stomach them. I wanted a new Savage, cause i got a bonus from work.. Went to two places, one was 599.99, and the other was 549.99. That's 150/100$ more than tower, and I'm sure you can find a lower price around online if you search hard enough. Now i'm all about supporting local business, especially hobby shops cause they supply the parts, knowledge, and support.. 20-50 dollars above? Fine.. 150$ above.. that's just insulting. And according to the one guy, they consistently sell out of them at the 599.99 price. :OMG: Not only that, they wanted 199.99 for an O.S. .18CV-RX, and 69.99 for a Futaba standard 2-channel AM receiver!

Fluke said:
how much does tower charge for delivery?

7.99 for standard,
about 30.00 for overnight.. still coming in FAR FAR less

I can vouch for the Tower shipping,It cost them $8 to ship out my 1/8 scale buggy.

Damn, 599 for a Savage is highway robbery. I'd buy an LST for that much. I try to support the hobbyshop as much as possible, but they usually dont have the parts I need, as I run a Mini Inferno (They dont stock Kyosho Parts) and an RC10Gt (They stock these parts, just RC10GTs never break :p). So i end up ordering parts all the time.

Skeeter sorry I wasn't in there last week....Next time maybe....I'm working there part time til I find a more permanent job....