Alloy parts different shades of blue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavinator

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got some of the anodized parts for my Savage and I am not really happy. I got the suspension arms, shock towers and body mounts and they are all different shades of blue. Has anyone had this problem? I am thinking of ordering an anodizing kit and doing everything over.

Are all the parts from the same company?

I just got some of the anodized parts for my Savage and I am not really happy. I got the suspension arms, shock towers and body mounts and they are all different shades of blue. Has anyone had this problem? I am thinking of ordering an anodizing kit and doing everything over.

It's all good, just toss all that alloy in the Trash, doesn't do your truck any good.

Why throw it in the trash? maybe that's what "He" want's for his truck...

Yeah, why throw it away????? In many cases alloy parts are much better than the plastic parts (in some cases not though). I would just try to refinish them, or even if possible try to send them back for a refund or exchange. But they are way too much money to just throw away!!

If you want them all the same and you don't care about the color you can remove the anodizing and polish them with some fine steel wool. If that is something your interested in doing let me know it's not hard.

It's all good, just toss all that alloy in the Trash, doesn't do your truck any good.

What the hell kind of response is that? Alloy looks damn good on certain parts of the rig that wont end up failing in the end, and are way better than plastic (where applicable)...

As far as the differant shades, I would try de-anodizing and polishing or returning for a refund or exchange.

Don't mind me, I'm just being a prick-a-peepee, I do all kinds of crap to my trucks recommended against.

Build it how you want it, I've been a Hard on lately, don't sweat my dickish post.

Last edited:
Send it off to ree_ree, that guy is really good at polishing aluminum!

Its all good Assasin. :D

---------- Post added at 2:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:49 PM ----------

Hey how do I find this REE REE??

He is looking at becoming a vendor on here. For now you can find him on the "Nitro" section of the forum, under "Gauging Interest"

Don't mind me, I'm just being a prick-a-peepee, I do all kinds of crap to my trucks recommended against.

Build it how you want it, I've been a Hard on lately, don't sweat my dickish post.

No pun intended, but your not going to make many friends here or people that listen to things you have to say if every response is a smart-ass answer. No offense but you rub off as the cocky racer type that has to be 1st place no matter what...

Sorry if you hate me for it...

No pun intended, but your not going to make many friends here or people that listen to things you have to say if every response is a smart-ass answer. No offense but you rub off as the cocky racer type that has to be 1st place no matter what...

Sorry if you hate me for it...

Nope, I don't sweat it. I'm not a cocky racer type that has to be first no matter what. Just having a rough few weeks and I've been coming off like a prick lately. Like i said, don't sweat my dickish post, I don't mean any disrespect. No hard feelings.

Wouldn't worry about it too much man, we all have our moments (myself included). We are all here to have fun and share our love of RC.

Back