Alloy or plastic A arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul11277

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I managed to smash a front wheel clean of my t maxx after the fail safe failed to stop it when it ran out of range. So now i need to replace my A arm. But do i replace it with plastic or alloy.

Plastic i thought would take more hammer because it will take a knock or 2. But alloy will also take a knock or 2 but if it bends then its stays bent where as plastic will bounce back into shape.

I know i will need to replace the pair no matter what i decide because mine are the original t maxx 15 A arms.

Also need to replace a couple of shoccker that had there tops pulled off in the process. I guess i will need a new fail safe too or one of you guys to tell me how to test the one i have. (its the orange one if this helps)

So if anyone knows a good cheap site that will post to the uk or anyone on here has any of these parts for sale please let me know.

I suggest RPM replacements for your Tmaxx. YOu can even convert them to the wide maxx arms but you will need to convert the drivelines too. If you do upgrade them with the Tmaxx 3.3 drivelines.

I second what Jon has suggested.

Well i have followed the link in this thread and should be on my way to 8 new white rpm a arms. Thanks 65f1004x4. They are cheaper than i can get the stock ones for in the uk. They are not the wide ones but i dont mind that at all because it means buying more parts before i can fit them. This way i can fit them and be on my way again. Still looking for some good cheap shocks but may have to just buy new diaphrams for the ones i have. Untill something comes up.

Back